Anyone know a good hooklink for silt and gravel?

christoph22

Can anyone tell me a good hooklink material that is strong and camafllauges its self well in silt and maybe another to use in gravel

Iv used alot of snakebite in the past (probably more suited to weed) which has been successful but its green and i think if i choose something more silty coloured then id have more succes as these are the kind of waters i mainly fish

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

How about a coated braid namely ESP stripteeze? It's a silty gravely colour & would be ideal for a pop up / neutrally balanced snowman rig to keep the hook out the silt or away from the gravel ensuring it's sharpness.

hardly any one likes it but you could try amnesia :D

why dont they like it? does it frey?

It is not a rated hooklink now :wink: , but back when stiff mono links were the rage it was (and still is) one of the best going.

I would think that many or possibly most Sea Anglers still use Amnesia, it is fairly abrasion resistant as well, and toughness is demanded in Sea fishing.

Available in white (clear), red, black or green (green is difficult to find). I found that the black is softest, but may be more obvious on the lakebed than the other colours.

It also makes a good shockleader in the 30lb Strain, and I use it in combi-links as the stiff upper section even now :wink: