NORTHAMPTON FISHERIES

its a lovely water carl, i fished it this year 5 times on elsons with only one eel but i shall be back soon, i love the place mate its got a real feelgood factor about it, and the local deleverie drops your take away off at the gates :lol::lol: result, pay it a visit carl its a well run water with no numptys allowed :wink:

this lake looks just what im after m8 ta.. are you a member of the syndicate and would you say its a gd water in the winter

im not a member,dont need to be when the better lake is day ticket.

iv only fished it once so dont know much about how well it fishes.

slim, hopefully carl will take the entrance at the roundabout to stanwick lakes and not at the layby :wink::lol::lol: like i did when i first visited. :roll: so your eel should be free from extra pressure :D

Kingfisher and Swan Lakes on Bluebell complex have been much quieter since the big two fish died. I fished Kingy in Sept and there were only about 5 anglers on it - same on Swan!

Plenty of cracking big fish - if you want to pay the price and take your chance :wink:

Stanwick has already been mentioned - but what about Barnwell Country park - think thats day ticket (day only)?

Reckon you may aswell get one of the many club tickets - loads of lakes and river stretches with big fish for next to nothing per season. Some of the syndicates are cheap too and a few free lakes around if you ask about - jammy so and sos! :wink:

just got back from 24hrs at stanwick on elsons no fish came out at all had a few bleeps on buzzers but no takes there is a hell of alot of weed had the marker out for ages trying to find some clear patches even fished the margins last night nothing there either i shall be going back but on mallards as a few came on there

who was that to bookiebasher

Carl the weed stays all winter long on elsons and its alive with grub. The trick is not to spend too much time marking and thrashing the water. If you keep that to a minimum and watch for signs of carp instead. Rig wise just use something you are happy is going to fish ok even in the weed. I know for a good period that sticks worked and kept the hook clear. Use some foam in it to float the hook over the weed and it will drop slowly on top. Good luck for next year.