Pining the line down

daleg2008

Simple answer, go with a sinking mainline, either braid or flurocarbon, my favourite is X-line but it does have a few disadvantages....
I all ready use x-line, but i doubt it is on the bottom when fished on a tight line. unless you know otherwise? i watched a carp come up from my rig and follow the mainline up and swim under the rod tips. i thought you cheeky blighter :shock:

invest in some waders and goggles and pin it down with a cloaths peg :wink:
Waders are on my list of things to get atm. just short on cash :(

bloke turned up on a work party the other day with a pair of chesties he had bought from Aldi for a £5 dunno if they still do em or not i have never been to Aldi but could be worth a try :wink:

invest in some waders and goggles and pin it down with a cloaths peg :wink:
Waders are on my list of things to get atm. just short on cash :(

bloke turned up on a work party the other day with a pair of chesties he had bought from Aldi for a £5 dunno if they still do em or not i have never been to Aldi but could be worth a try :wink:

nice one ill check it out

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the idea behind using running leads with tight lines? Do you catch so many fish that you would rather make things difficult for yourself?
why because not every fishing situation requires a slack line.

So what is the situation you are trying to cover? You may get a bit more of a response if you let on a bit more.

backleads are ok, the only time i would think about bite indication when using backleads is when fishing to a snag of some kind, otherwise i'm quite happy and i use them for 95% of my fishing :wink:

sometimes i use both flying and normal backleads together in order to get my line tight to the bottom, specially in clear water :wink: