Carp Lakes Near Tamworth

Hi All,

Im new to this forum so a big hello from me, My name is Barry and i moved up to Woodend near Tamworth in Staffordshire about 6 years ago from Weymouth in Dorset. I have been fishing since i was 8 years old. I would class myself as an average Carp Angler with my biggest being 33 1/2lb common and then my next biggest is 15 1/2lb so i have never caught a 20lb Carp. I was wondering if any of you know a nice lake around this area that i can pick my wits against,I have found some stupid rulings on some lakes ie you can only fish 1 rod for the 1st year etc etc. If anybody can help i would really appreciate it, Thanks all,

Hi Barry welcome to the forum :D

There is another post running the same as this which contains loads of venues for you mate. Try using the search facility and it will come up.

On a side note I would recommend Kingsbury water park pine pool if your after a 20 its not far from you and has plenty to go at its not an easy lake but put the effort in and the rewards are definatly there also there is the specimen pool at the Riddings some lumps in there again not the easiest but the fish are definatly there.

Hope this helps you fella in your quest for a 20 :D

Nick

burton mutual have branston water park. its a hard water with 200 fish. approx 150 20's 7-10 30's. lake record 39lb 2oz

bayliss pool m54 junction 4. holds a good head of 20's. bivvy city on weekends though.

pine pool kingbury water park

cuttle mill. just past drayton manor before the belfry (booking esesntial)

lake side in hinkly, 30 mins down the A5 (nice 20's water)

bonehill mill, fazely ramworth (runs water)

burrow pit, snow dome tamworth ( i believe 2 30's and decent amount of 20's)

hope this help. pm if you need any more info

• 1 month later...
how much is it for bayliss to do a 24 hour session mate ?

cheers,

tight lines...

£9 a day, £15 for £24 hrs. you can use 10 rods if you like the owner doesn't care. you have to pay something like £5 for a none fishing guest.

i would recomend you stay clear of this place durring the weekend. its bivvy city

Be interesting to see how you get on at the Riddings. I've fished it a few times, without much success admittedly, but its a nice place and you get a wicked breakfast!

Theres some nice fish in there and I've always felt nearly there. On a sunny day they like to cruise about and I've seen a couple of jaw-droppers mooching about the swim.

• 3 weeks later...

riddings specimen pool PAHH

went there last week , wouldnt have minded blanking... but catching a 5-6 lber just takes the mick.

12 quid to catch a 5 lb fish . i could have fished the crucian pool at 4 o`clock for four quid and caught a lot bigger.

jokers.

they state on there updated website at fisheries.co.uk that there are no fish stocked under 10lb. well thats rubbish for starters . They charge 12 quid a day but yet they dont do the winter work on the pool .

wont be bothering again.

ill stick to my favourite lakeside,wolvey. people say its a hard pool but if you know how and where to fish it :wink:

Edited to remove swearing, please don't do it again. Stoogi.

Ive had a few out of the Riddings this year on the handfull of occasions Ive fished it biggest so far 28lb 8oz Common cracking fish and I had another 20 yesterday the fish are there but it can be tricky I did actually have a smaller Carp than you andy at around 2lb :lol: but other than that one Ive had nothing under 15lb apart from the odd tench here and there. I used to be a member of lakeside but it wasnt my cup of tea Bivvy city and loads of singles and low doubles to keep you up all night :D

• 4 weeks later...