hollyhurst coventry 30!!

only tryed this place a few weeks ago ...very nice little runs water, only been open for a year.

the fish are starting to put on the weight nicely..

some of the highteens are now hitting 20, to add to the 4/5 Original 20s.

It did its first 30 last week a 33lb mirror..

all so the owner is willing to allow night fishing to the regs.

P1050048-1.jpg

P1050064.jpg

£6 per day 2 rods :D

he hasent done nights before but i asked him if i could do a night or 2 and he said that would be ok ..he just wants to let regs and get to know whos fishing the nights ..think hes looking for around £12/15 per night..

there are a shed load of doubs up to 20s, 6/7 20s and the 30.

the banks are nice flat and grassie ideal for a overnighter :)

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/hollyhurst/index.htm

• 3 weeks later...

fished hollyhurst a few times over the last 2 weeks, had a number of fish up to 15lb still waiting for one of the 20s+

most of my fish have come from either lunchoen meat or corn in the margins, a few fish on boilies in between the islands but deffo a margin water!

a good head of tench present as well, averaging around 3-4lb.

the lake record of 33lb 4oz has been caught twice in the last 2 weeks both by the same female angler on luncheon meat from peg 21.....

night fished it last sunday, the weather made it hard work, with only 1 double through the night....some fish are still spawning so should pick up in the next few weeks. deffo going back again soon.

yes pretty much, action certainly picked up nicely last night!

If the favoured island pegs are gone when you get there (8,9,20,21), try pegs 34 or 35, one rod to the point of the peninsular, and the other rod into the bay off the island to your right....tons of fish holding around there!

i think the 4 island pegs in the middle are getting fished a lot and are not very productive at the minute.

going again tommorow morning for a 4 hour sesh before work :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

After reading this thread I decided I had to have a go here.

I had a day off work so went on Monday.

There were 2 guys on the left corner when I got there at 7.

I setup on peg 8.

I fished one rod to the point of the left hand island with a method feeder - Sonubaits carp special plus hemp and maize. and 3 grains of maize on the hair.

The other rod I put close to the other island with a 15mm peach boilie with mesh bag of pellet and broken boilies + 10 or 20 free offerings.

Nothing stirred for the first 3 hours.

A guy arrived a couple of pegs down and caught a few tench and carp.

Then at around 11.30 everything kicked off - I lost a good double at the net on the boiile rod and then another 9-10 on the feeder.

Then i landed an 8lb on the feeder and they kept coming!

The next 2 fish were hooked within 5 minutes of casting out!

Then it went quiet again.

Just after 3 the feeder rod went again and I landed a low double.

15 minutes later I got 2 beeps and then another and then the reel screamed off, again on the feeder - this time it was a dead weight and just kited left to right and then headed for island. I stopped it and slowly got it to the bank.

It was a lovely common 22lb13oz. My PB by 8lbs!!

Before i'd put the net back together the other rod screamed off and I finished the day with a lovely 13lb really light coloured Mirror.

Then the heavens opened and I packed up a really happy bunny! :lol:

I was lucky to have the place to myself for the most of the day, what are the weekends like? I'll definitely begoing back :)

I've posted pics in the catch reports

Well worth a visit!!

• 2 weeks later...

i think i will be paying this venue a visit as soon as i get back from holiday in about 2 weeks.

Which lake is everyone talking about here the match lake or the specimen lake?

And is the best bait luncheon meat then?

Thanks alot

Tight Lines

Tom

i think i will be paying this venue a visit as soon as i get back from holiday in about 2 weeks.

Thanks alot

Tight Lines

Tom

The speci lake is the one mate. Meat's always a good bait particularly in the margins, but ive had some good fish there on artificial corn and boilies too. :wink:

Thanks alot

Tight Lines

Tom

The speci lake is the one mate. Meat's always a good bait particularly in the margins, but ive had some good fish there on artificial corn and boilies too. :wink:

thanks mate, i will give meat a go on a hair rig see how i get on, and the other rod on some boilies, sounds like a plan,

thanks for the help,

Tom

did a 24 hour session sunday, weather was dire but managed 9 fish.

4 doubles and 5 small 5-8lb er's (which were transfered to the match lake at the owners request :wink: )

Biggest was a 16lb 12oz mirror followed by a common and a mirror both at just over 13lb and finally a common of around 12lb. :D

well after blanking on my last 3 visits i thought time to change tactics,i usually fish the margins (33 pounder came from) anyway fished today with the method feeder and a bait recipe with (few additions) had great time.9 carp biggest lovely mirror 20pound 18 common and the rest doubles.1st august weathers dire but great fishing. :)

seems like its picking up nice since the spawnin ... iv did the odd 24 hr since the 20 i had in the first post!

but during the overnighters, iv been unlucky by the size of fish having alot btw 5/ 10 lb. think its a good thing for the lake.. like "what rsw75 which were transfered to the smaller carp to match lake". this will help the bigger fish grow on and help the water. i think this will also free up the lake so peps looking for carp up to teens and a good bend in there rod, can head for the match lake. look forward to seeing this palce over the next few years 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello i have been fishing Hollyhursts specimen lake over the past few weekends. Ive had a positive result catching good quality powerful mirror and common carp. In a 24 hour session i caught 14 carp, none smaller than 8 pound and biggest being 17. Still waiting for one of these 20's i hear so much about. Its the 28/7/2012 and im going today for another 24 hour. wish me luck!! :D