richmond lakes north hykeham lincoln

moggyp

yes mate it opened up abt 3 nonth ago,was shut for a couple years because somebody drowned?or something.theres the big one with thirtys in and the small one with twentys in[railway pond]i think you av to book to night fish.ring balief on 07818800300.it did a fish clled the big common at 36lb in october.hope thats help a bit. :D

• 5 years later...

Resurrection of a very old thread here that I discovered on the search facility.......anyone fished it recently any info on the place regarding prices etc....it's quite local to me approx 15 mile away planning a look down this next week or so when I get free time to have a look but just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the place good or bad

Mark

Blast from the past, i used to fish here late 80's early 90's, when i wer a lad  :P

By all accounts it's turned into a really good water, both lakes hold some stunning lumps, sure there is a 40 in there !

My son has been a few times last year with his mates, certainly not easy on the big lake, lots  of weed, gin clear, rigs & presentation need to be spot on to coax a bite,

some pics on their fb page,   https://www.facebook.com/RichmondLakes?filter=3

my have a revisit  myself, which side of lincoln are you from mr G ?

Blast from the past, i used to fish here late 80's early 90's, when i wer a lad  :P

By all accounts it's turned into a really good water, both lakes hold some stunning lumps, sure there is a 40 in there !

My son has been a few times last year with his mates, certainly not easy on the big lake, lots  of weed, gin clear, rigs & presentation need to be spot on to coax a bite,

some pics on their fb page,   https://www.facebook.com/RichmondLakes?filter=3

my have a revisit  myself, which side of lincoln are you from mr G ?

I am from north side just over Dunham bridge mate .....what about yourself ?......will have a look on fab when the wife gets back from work as I dnt do facepuke lol.......

Mark

I am from north side just over Dunham bridge mate .....what about yourself ?......will have a look on fab when the wife gets back from work as I dnt do facepuke lol.......

Mark

South side, in the sticks, sleaford way.

you don't need fb to view that link .

btw the back lake is 12.50 a night, front lake 19 quid

cheers, jay

Thanks jay

Is that 12.50 for the 24 hours or just the night like say 7 till 7 sorta thing of that makes sense to you.....seems to be the small lake holds mostly doubles to 20lb ish but bigger ones in front lake ......I am gonna take a ride over this coming week for a look around

12.50 for 24 hrs but they do and evening ticket too 12hrs 6.50.

A c&p from their page;;

Richmond Lakes-
The Front Lake

The front lake is approximately 18 acres with just 11 swims, ensuring you will have plenty to go at from whichever swim you choose. Containing around 450 English born and bred Carp, 100 of which exceed 20lb and 30 over 25lbs, the largest resident being the big common at 37lb with several other back up 30s. The depth of the lake ranges from 6ft to 12ft and there are several bars and plateaus to fish to. Boilie approaches are the favoured method fished to clear areas in the weed with scatterings of boilies around the area. Large beds of particle will also produce fish however it may take longer to get the fish into the area.

The Back Lake

The back lake is situated North of the main lake, the lake is around 16 acres with plenty of swims which are around the perimiter of the lake along with several swims on the main island in the centre of the lake. There are approximately 600 Engligh born and bred Carp present approaching 30lbs with plenty of doubles and 20lb+ fish. The fish respond well to most methods and several fish can be caught in a session.

Been a few times and always caught from both lakes. Had a few rules that didn't fit with my fishing style so I left it alone. The particle rule was a pain, as was no spodding or baitboats. The gate rule was the straw that broke the camel's back, only open at certain times to allow anglers in and out, beyond that you couldn't leave. I got a serious case of the squits and desperately needed to get some Immodium and the baliff wouldn't let me out! Had to plead with him to let me out, when he did I was out for around 30mins, got my medication, came back and fished on for 24hrs then left 36hrs early.

It's OK if you have no choice other than day tickets but I'll not go back.