Rig foam

fishingaddict

How many of you use rig foam? I was wondering whether it really works as I have tried it in tanks and am not convinced. Does anyone have ideas to improve its effectiveness?? I would of thought stiff links like hybrid might help??

Do you mean pva nuggets? If you do most of your post makes no sense to me.

Improve it why? does it not come off?

Stiff links? whats that got to do with it?

Think I must have got it wrong - the only foam I use is occasionally used as a bait.

The reason i mention stiff hooklinks is I would imagine they would help kick the link away as it slowly dissolves and sinks whereas a non-stiff link might still allow the hook bait to land on the lead.

Ah right get you now. :wink:

I use a coated braid most of the time so it pushes the hook away from the lead once the pvas dissolved.

Whatever type of hooklink get some putty on it so you dont worry about it sitting up off the bottom.

I get through loads of the stuff. Helps a lot with confidence in my bait presentation. I have started putting a couple of pieces in a mesh 'jacket' as, on a couple of waters I am fishing, the carp seem to 'pick' at baits on top of the deep silt rather than getting down in it :wink:

I use it most of the time, as the water I've been fishing has a load of debris on the bottom. Just a nugget folded over the hook on the cast does the trick, and it stops the rig-ring on the hook shank slipping back round too :)

Weres the cheapest place to get PVA foam
get yourself into the early learning centre and buy some of the foam that they sell comes in big bags of mixed colours,think it's called magic maze,been buying this for the last couple of years,was in last week and its usually £3 for a big bag of it and thay had it on special at £1 a bag so i bought 5 of them so won't be needing to buy some for a long time :wink:

• 1 month later...