in line rigs?

tobyperrett

Rite thanks for the tips so far guys.

i will be fishing fishing boilies on one of my rods and 6m pellets on the other rod. The fish in the lake are mostly upper teens and 20's. I have also found that the fish only ever take the bait when it is in very deep water (10ft) or shallow water (3-4ft). Help would be much apprieciated!

i would suggest a running rig TBH because if you are using a bolt rig the fish knows it has been hooked and will bolt straight for snags wereas if you had a running rig then you will have more indication before the fish realises it has been caught then strike and bring it away from the snags

A semi fixed inline still IS a bolt rig, but i wouldnt use them in weedy waters cos of the safety factor.

Tony they can be quite safe mate, they come out of the weed easier than a pendulem lead, just be mindfull the lead comes off the swivel.

I personally wouldn't use in dense weed though. just incase you crack off.

A semi fixed inline still IS a bolt rig, but i wouldnt use them in weedy waters cos of the safety factor.

Tony they can be quite safe mate, they come out of the weed easier than a pendulem lead, just be mindfull the lead comes off the swivel.

I personally wouldn't use in dense weed though. just incase you crack off.

what type of rig would you use when fishing in dense weed then. I have had so many suggestions but everyone seems to think differently lol. at the moment i am thinking of using an in line running rig.

In dense weed i would be using a clip, just purely for if you crack off or the line parts leaving a length behind it an in line or running rig needs to pass over all this line before its off the line and not being towed around. Its all too easy for the line to twist and clog so that the lead will not pass over it.

However i am sure there are inline leads with a groove cut out of them (like the korda flying back leads) and these would pull up out of the weed better than a pendulem set up and would also fall off the line should it part.