Warrens Hall (west Midlands ,Dudley)

Warrens Hall has 4 good pools in different sizes .. all have good fish in and is only £2 a rod to fish all day on as many pools as u like only rules are no keep nets no braid no boilies and no barbed hooks... all 4 pools have good selections of carp and tench in all sizes (inc ghosties lethers koi).... over all if u live near by and never fished these pools i sujest you give it a try...

few pics... that i took

100_1036.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1046.jpg

100_1051.jpg

100_1052.jpg

100_1056.jpg

100_1059.jpg

hear is a link to the areas map

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=warrens+hall+dudley&ie=UTF8&ll=52.493325,-2.068198&spn=0.006702,0.019999&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

I'm not too far from there, yet i've not heard of them :?:oops:

I started looking at your photo's & instantly thought, it's not for me. Then i saw the 5th photo. Now that looks a lovely little pool :D

Could you PM me with any more details on that pool please?

I had a walk around there on Thursday. The pool in the 5th photo is by far the most attractive, being surrounded on three sides by woodland.

I agree with Brian, float fishing is probably the way to go.

A guy I spoke to had just caught a very large roach and was grinning broadly!

I saw several good size carp cruising the margins, especially beside the reed beds, of which there are several.

It's a nice little pool, I shall take my rods next time I'm in the area.

Ian

• 8 years later...

I grew up fishing there in the 90's lived just over the road. Swan pool (bottom pool) used to very good for tench & crucian carp in between the 2 barrels (dont know if they are still there). A chap I spoke too last week said he fishes it after work & has had a few out. If I see him tomorrow ill ask him for more info for you.

Didnt managed to get out today due to waiting all day for parcels. Theres six pools in total plus the canal opo swan pool.

You've got top pool, kingfisher (island pool), middle pool, bottom pool (swan pool & best imho), the rusty (named due to the orangey coloured bank used to be v good for pike & perch) & the drain pool. Last time I was there was 2008 but that was to fit new swims in top pool. I do know that you can get some decent catches of silver fish on the kingfisher which is opo top pool. Do you live close to warrens hall ? If I was fishing over there id take you round all the pools mate. You've also got the canal yards from swan pool next to the "pap pap" bridge. Ill try & see the chap by the weekend & see what he says bud.

We used to call the bumble hole the rusty, caught my first fish there a greedy perch lol. Im in smethwick now & fish west park, some nice carp in there. Ive saw 2 good size carp so far & had a 8lb mirror to date.

If your gonna fish it regular I would focus on 1 of the 3 better pools. Top, island & bottom bud. Starting with bottom first as I think your have better luck on there.

• 1 month later...

havent fished it for a few years and hadn't fished it all this year until about August but drew a blank on the bottom pool, went back to the bottom pool when it got colder and over 2 sessions had 3 or 4 little tench out, also pulled a few decent bream out of there aswell this winter

Middle pools fairly weedy, only caught 1 fairly sized perch over an hour n half or so between packing up and going home

Done a couple hour session on the island pool too but drew a blank on there

Would like to know if there is any nice fish in the pools over there though if you find anything out, haven't seen anyone else while I've been over there

HAHAHA!! looks like you have sparked up some interest on that 5th pool james, i too am less than 15mins away and have never heard of these pools.

i have fished middle pool by the fenns, i got a strange reception there when i took my stalking kit out of the car, two geezers walked over and started laughing at me, they were of the opinion that the only way you would catch in THEIR pool was to "goo dan T' cut and cotch a silverun, pernt T' wun sard red an chuck it on a tribble ook as fer aht as yo con, then yo gorra drag it back oo soo earsy laik. then yo maht git a tek. onny way yo gonna get a pull in ear chuck".

yo shudda sid their ferses wen i chucked a flake at a ripple an dragged a uppa dubble aert o it, thay wuz a pikchur :lol:

I used to fish the swan pool (bottom pool) all the time in the 90's for crucians & tench. Most of my fishing memories are from that place. the last time I was there was around 2008/9 to help fit the pegs & get rid of weeds on the top pool. It did get hit quite hard by foreign otters around that time too.

In the summer stalking the bottom pool with dog biscuits or bread was the best method for the bigger carp too.

I've just got back from there, was up there since 8:30 this morning, fished the island pool for a few hours, but drew a blank

Walked down to the bottom pool to the left of the chimney stack just before noon, dropped my rod into the margin while i got a brew on the go, 30 seconds later I was playing a nice jack, probably about 8lb/9lb

Was gonna head home around 3 ish but stopped at the middle pool for an hour and managed to net a little ghostie, I'd say no more than 4lb

All in all not a bad day, to say my feet feel like I've got frostbite

To be honest I don't think there's many high doubles left in any of the pools, not sure about bumble hole, haven't fished it

Was over swan pool in the summer and a few seekers of the old asylum were fishing over there, saw one of them pull out a mid to high 20lb out but not sure what it was as by the time I'd brought my rig in to walk over n have a look he'd got it in his arms n done a runner

To be honest I don't think there's many high doubles left in any of the pools, not sure about bumble hole, haven't fished it

Was over swan pool in the summer and a few seekers of the old asylum were fishing over there, saw one of them pull out a mid to high 20lb out but not sure what it was as by the time I'd brought my rig in to walk over n have a look he'd got it in his arms n done a runner

So they are still at it then :(

I dont think ill ever fish it again thinking about it id rather have fond old memories then new bad ones. Have you seen any wardens about ?. In the 90's you always bumped into one around the swan pool. Even when we used to night fish (it was allowed then) we would see them between 12-3am, we would have a chat with them & their last words would always be "keep the fire under control & the rifles covered" (you'd get five years if we did that these days).

I moved from springfield around 97 as did alot of my friends & I think it slowly went downhill not long after that.

I've never seen a warden over there in my life time, the Bloke that come collects your rod fee barley walks around anymore

I saw someone for bumble hole council but he was more interested in the litter, and filling in the holes in around the swan pool with hardcore, a majority of the swims are flooded and I haven't seen anything done about it really