Warrens Hall (west Midlands ,Dudley)

Pretty sure they're still ran by oldhill/cradley but no one really polices the pools anymore, if it's a cold day the baylif won't even come collect your rod fee.

The only reason I fish there is because it's close, is the pool the other side of the road and up the dirt path (farm pool?) run as part of warrens hall too or is it a separate water?

There are two pools that side of the road bud. We used to fish the pool further up for good perch.

Im not 100% on who it belongs to, we presume it was the horse riding schools land. We never had any complaints from anyone fishing there, I would have a walk further up the hill & your find the smaller pool, there is a stream quite close to it so keep an eye out for that & your soon find it. Its alot easier to get to from the top of wendover as theres a path that leads onto the field.

I use to do bits of work for one of the chairmen for oldhill, im going to try & get in touch with him again & see whats happening. In my eyes it seems the place was alot better when it was free to fish.

• 2 years later...

went down to this warrens hall a few weeks ago now, just found this post online, i know its a few years old now, the warrens hall section of the park i had a walk round but no real interest as they look like there fisheries all got fishing pegs and banks along them, i had a walk down to the bumble hole swan pool and had a walk around there sat there for a hour with the dog watching, saw a few bubbles but no shows of fish, i went back the week later with a marker rod and bag of boilies, chopped and flaked, few chick peas and corn mix, i knew the lake would be silty due to the amount of trees and debris around the lake, i walked out in the waders and was straight away in 2.3ft of thick silt sinking down, i tried to walk out around the island type of feature but it was just too silty, i managed to chuck the marker out off the bank and find a few depths out there shown on the pic, the top part of the lake is quite unfishable, no bank, no paths, youll be walking and chopping your way around the side of the lake i marked out with the red lines through it, i chucked the marker out a few foot from the inlet ive marked with the blue circle, straight away i only found 2.3 foot, very very silty water now, there is a far bank on the one side ive put a pink line line across thats a good accessable fishable part, dug out wide big peg,  could fit a few bivvys on there, to the side of it is a lilly pad run, which ive marked out aswell with the green line, the pink box is also some brick dam inlet feature aswell you can stand by, its got a good steep drop off, alot of tourists stand there so id assume alot of bread is chucked in there, to the side of the concrete dam i would say is best, the wind is off that part of the lake its very carm, got good depts of 5.6ft in places and is quite secluded, i chucked out some boilies in a few spots to try and get the carp on to them if there is any in there, hope the post helps

piclake.png