anyone in derbyshire

Ive got the Burton mutual ticket so got plenty of waters to go at. Generally fish the gravel pits they control but also some of the smaller lakes when a confidence boost is required. Never tried a Willesley, i'm put of night fishing it because of its proximity to the town centre, and the reputation Ashby has for its nightlife!

When you say you don't feel your getting anywhere in terms of carp angling what do you mean? Size of fish, numbers, etc?

It definately helps having a parent etc when starting out. That said learning from own mistakes/ successes can be a more effective learning tool, given that you wont be affected by anyone elses thoughts. Generally speaking the more time that you can spend at a water/ fishing the quicker you develop your own effective fishing style.

Likewise i never had any tuition from parents etc.

I started off fishing runs waters gaining confidence unfortunately I hit a good pb from early on (25lb common) so when ive blanked for over 4-5 months i do sometimes feel a bit deflated but then it also just makes me try even harder.

About 18 months ago i decided to start going for the harder waters and bigger fish, every session is a school day so i dont mind if i blank as long as ive learned something either about the water my methods or myself :?

• 1 year later...
Sheepy lake V.Good runs water

Also had a dibble at willesley lake bit big at the moment tho to take on

What about you

Mike, is that the lake between Sheepy Magna and Sheepy Parva, with an Italian Restaurant on it's road edge?

If so I drove past it today, looks rather nice.

Ian

• 3 months later...

Count me in if anyone wants a fishin buddy, my mrs lives just outside measham, and iv just started back up after a 2 year lay off, food local knowledge and used to fish some tough waters, have had a 32 out of willesly and from a couple more waters!

Looking for a few more fish instead of size these days though