KORDA SAFE ZONE LEADER????

muushy

Korda Safe Zone Kamo Leaders have been specifically designed to help create a ‘Safe Zone’ around the baited area. The unique colours and design have come from the hundreds of hours of watching carp’s behaviour around rigs and leaders whilst filming the ‘Underwater’ series of films. The translucent, subtle colour blends in with the lake bed, whilst being kept pinned down with the tungsten collars away from wary feeding fish.

Available in Weedy Green, Silt Brown & Gravel Khaki

taken from korda

Korda Safe Zone Kamo Leaders have been specifically designed to help create a ‘Safe Zone’ around the baited area. The unique colours and design have come from the hundreds of hours of watching carp’s behaviour around rigs and leaders whilst filming the ‘Underwater’ series of films. The translucent, subtle colour blends in with the lake bed, whilst being kept pinned down with the tungsten collars away from wary feeding fish.

taken from korda

All this and you use them for long range casting :?

I would use them in conjunction with a flying back lead to conceal the line around the feeding / bait area creating a 'safe zone' for the carp to feed in without 'feeling' the line. Make sure you match the colour to the lakebed for maximum camouflage.

There are other leaders that you could use, Fluorocarbon for instance would be almost invisible on the lake bed :wink:

Lots of people don't fish with any leader at all whilst others will use tubing to sink and hide the mainline.

A good technique for creating this 'safe zone' is to use slack lines :wink:

TBH they are not worth the money, i have caught more fish whilst using that horrible anti-tangle tubing- same swim same bait- Ill probably start a debate here but TBF leadcore is far better for concealment and to an even finer extent a length of soft 20/25lb fluorocarbon with putty dotted along it is even better.

taken from korda

How come you`ve become literate all of a sudden ?

Nige and I have been swapping ideas I think

:wink::lol::? , either that or he's beaten me to the punch. :evil::shock::?:lol::lol:

To be honest I would avoid them!

Zander and I have had the Leadcore debate already, so it's not something that I need to go into again, but search out Leadcore or Leaders and there will be a few threads come up.

I'm quite happy fishing with 30lb Amnesia as a Shockleader if I need to go for maximum distance. The Black is softer than the Clear or the Green, but Black may show up more.

The rest of my fishing is done with Tubing, and I put putty at the top to sink it.

I've even fished without Tubing on the Mainline and caught.

Anything over about 40metres the line will be drooping in an arc anyway so you don't really need to pin it down.

Incidentally have a search for Korda Safe Zone Leader, not all the comments in the past have been good, ESPECIALLY not from me!

How come you`ve become literate all of a sudden ?

Hey Kev,

Don't knock it. :twisted::wink::lol:

I actually enjoyed reading a post without worrying about spelling mistakes :lol::twisted::lol:

Nige and I have been swapping ideas I think

:wink::lol::? , either that or he's beaten me to the punch. :evil::shock::?:lol::lol:

Nick, I told you a couple of months back how reading your threads had encouraged me to bring slack lines into my fishing on a lot more active scale. I think it was after that thread where someone didn't want to listen (not that it narrows it down that much :wink::lol: )

I wasn't going to, and still won't post the results of how my efforts with slack lines are going - only to say that I am still using them, when and where conditions allow :wink: and with a lot more confidence, which I think was what was missing in the past. A read of a few threads sorted that though.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really see anything wrong with them. The most common heard problem about these is that the line diggs in the to pu coating on the leader. That is simply there to coat the mono core not to protect it in anyway. THe korda tackle and tips is pretty good at explaining all the korda goodies. Might be worth you getting hold of a copy from your local tackle shop

TBH they are not worth the money, i have caught more fish whilst using that horrible anti-tangle tubing- same swim same bait- Ill probably start a debate here but TBF leadcore is far better for concealment and to an even finer extent a length of soft 20/25lb fluorocarbon with putty dotted along it is even better.

they are good (as joe has said already) as shock leaders- i actually use mine as a shockleader on the mini spods that you can use on your normal fishing rod- it probably doesnt need it but id rather be safe than sorry and when youve spent £5 on a leader its better than never using it at all- i would never bu another one tho when i have lost all of mine.

I'm confused how do you use a korda safe zone leader as a shock leader when its only 24inches long. A shockleader needs to be at least 20ft long.

i know the consiquences of using leadcore but with a running rig and slack lines wouldnt this definately be the safest way and the idea of the leadcore pind to the lake bed makes e feel so confident.unlike tubing where i know i will catch fish but im not confident with it.

i know the consiquences of using leadcore but with a running rig and slack lines wouldnt this definately be the safest way and the idea of the leadcore pind to the lake bed makes e feel so confident.unlike tubing where i know i will catch fish but im not confident with it.

Some of the tubing is heavier than lead core :wink: It dosn't have to be fished in one long length

Have a look at the Thread "Leaders" (I think) or key in Leadcore as a search, and you will be surprised at some of the tests results I found out using Leadcore.

At anything over about 40metres your line will be on the lakebed anyway, as it arcs down from the rod tip.

Tubing is a far safer way fo fishing than Leadcore which can fray, cut the fish, and become a Death Rig without you even noticing. A Running Rig is no safer with Leadcore than a Fixed or even Semi-Fixed Lead set-up. In fact because of the consequences of the Beads getting trapped it is more dangerous!

I was going to say how is it possible to use a korda leeder as a shock learder :roll::lol: . I do think the leeders are good quallity and a good idea however i prefer to use rig tubeing as the lake i fish is not too big so i dont have problem with casting long range with the stuff. If your new to carp fishing try going for the more simple things like bolt clips and inlines. cant go wrong :wink: . Look out for the rigmorole rig tubeing . May be expensive but well worth the money. Sinks , good for casting and easy to thread !

Good luck and get em ont he bank !!! :wink:

I was going to say how is it possible to use a korda leeder as a shock learder :roll::lol: . I do think the leeders are good quallity and a good idea however i prefer to use rig tubeing as the lake i fish is not too big so i dont have problem with casting long range with the stuff. If your new to carp fishing try going for the more simple things like bolt clips and inlines. cant go wrong :wink: . Look out for the rigmorole rig tubeing . May be expensive but well worth the money. Sinks , good for casting and easy to thread !

Good luck and get em ont he bank !!! :wink:

At a fiver per metre i'll stick to esp anchor tubing :shock::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Shockleader = length of heavy line that absorbs the impact of a hard cast with a heavy weight.

The leadcore debate is not worth getting into love it or hate it, it's here to stay.

Think about what could happen using any leader and use common sense, other than that everytime you cast in your taking a calculated risk on the fishes well being any thing we can do to reduce this is a bonus.

regards

slacker