KORDA SAFE ZONE LEADER????

muushy

I want to start using safe zone leaders but do you always have to use a lead clip every time becuase on some lakes that i fish i dont need them but i dont want to lose the lead if i dont have to.
no mate you can use them with a running lead set up. use a korda run sleave instead of a lead clip. you can also use inlines by removing the leads insert first and slide two safezone beads on the leader and down to the swivel, these will sit in the hole at the front of the lead created after removing the insert and will help protect the leader and swivel on heavy casts.

Oh so i take the insert out of the inline lead and then put the safe zone beads inside the hole.
take your safe zone leader and slide two safe zone beads down the leader right down to the swivel ( if you look at the beads you will see there is a tappered hole through then, push them on large hole first and they will go on easier) then remove the plastic insert from the lead ( tap the tail end of the insert on the floor and it will start to slide out of the front of the lead). slide the lead down the leader head first and when it stops at the leader swivel the beads will sit inside the large bore at the front of the lead that was created by removing the insert creating nice neat set up. :)

• 1 year later...
Do you recomend a knot to attach a braided mainline to the safe zone leader or a loop? I am concerned about the braid (20lb gravitron) cutting the safe zone if tied with a knot?

Yes, I would worry about braid and it cutting a safezone leader, I would totally bin that leader and make yourself a decent shockleader :wink::twisted:

Animated knot links on this thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32236

Do you recomend a knot to attach a braided mainline to the safe zone leader or a loop? I am concerned about the braid (20lb gravitron) cutting the safe zone if tied with a knot?

a grinner or loop knot will do.

the is NO WAY it will cut through.youd need a sawing action to get close to cutting through it .which does not happen once its tied to your mainline

a bit like a loop on leadcore . it will slide out if you pull it with your fingers but the mainline tied to it grips it and it holds solid