What do you reckon?

carpingod150

OK, been playing around with rigs again, and thought about this, the hair is pulled through the silicon on the shank, giving it a D-rig style effect, so the fish can blow the bait back, plus the extra bait would give the fish something extra to deal with. I imagine it would also work with a boilie as the second bait.

This may have already been published somewhere, and if so, tell me, but I assure you thats not where I got it from.

It turns quickly when you drag it across your hand, so it all seems good to me. I was trying to decide though whether it would be more effective with a pop-up or bottom bait? Any opinions?

The hooklink material is Sufix 15lb black silt, the hook is an ESP raptor D-7, and I used a Korda micro rig ring on the shank

P1000488.jpg

P1000491.jpg

Was playing with something similar a while ago.

I wanted a bottom bait on the shank and a way of lifting the hook up above the bait near the point. Basically I wanted a variation of what I think Jan Wenckza called the "over rig", where the hook was lifted above the bait.

Pop-up maize/corn on the "point" hair, bottom bait on the shank.

You may be onto something with a pop-up on the shank and a bottom bait on the point as well, although the mechanics may take some thinking about and explaining.

No, not more to play with :?:shock::shock:

Why dont you just use two rig rings on the "D" or use stiff rig off the one rig ring to make the hair long enought to leave 1-2cm between your baits, that way it would look like two separate baits but they would both be blown back and leave the hook point clear, just a suggestion off cource but it might be worth trying :?

its a very good idea and im not taking anything away form the fact you have invented a rig but i carnt see the point in it myself, if a fish is going to take the bait it will see the boilie first and eat that, so the corn is not really doing anything unless the boilie was a darker colour and the maize would give that bit of colour to the bait. nice one mate 8)

I don't think thats true myself mate, I think the fish will eat what it wants to eat, maybe the boilie first, maybe the corn :wink:

Although the original idea of the rig was to 'clutter' the fish's mouth so the rig is harder to eject. Thanks for the praise though :D