Looking for a decent Syndicate lake in Essex

Hi all,

Im looking for a syndicate lake for a mate and I to join in the Essex area.

Up to about £250pa max really & ideally around the 4/5 acre mark.

Being fairly new to carping, I just want a decent water where I know the fish are a decent size and in decent shape, & that can be fished for a couple of days & nights at a time without the risk of being touched by strangers in the night or having your kit nicked lol

If you have any recommendations, lets see em :D

T.I.A. Skipp

Recommendation, try putting Essex Waters in as a Search. Essex waters as a search brings up 104 threads

There are a few clubs mentioned, Sudbury and District, CAPS, Kelvedon and District. I know that there are plenty of threads about Essex Waters.

You may also need to stipulate North or South Essex :wink:

Sorry, should have said, South Essex.

Ive had a flick through some of the threads a search throws up, but by the time I've worked my way through them all, I'll be old.

Was just enquiring really as to if any lakes in particular stand out above the rest. A search on the net gives lists & lists of suitable lakes, but unless you know someone who has fished them, your not really going to get anywhere or find anything out about that water.

Cheers

hi mate if your new to carping why not look for a nice small club with a runs water and good fish water rather than spend to much money out at first. where in essex are you :?: if i aint said it somewhere else hi and welcome :)

Im in Basildon & my mate lives near Epping, so anywhere an hours or so drive from either of us is cool.

I started fishing for carp late last year and was paying £10 a go for 2 rods, I went about 8 times before packing away my kit for 2007. So, if I go 20 odd times in a year, which is easily do-able, thats £200~.

The thing with a syndicate lake is that the fish are well stocked and looked after. Its a big initial layout for the fisherman so the bankside maner/respect is going to be far better than a day ticket lake - the place will be tidy, looked after and hopefully not full of idiots :lol:

Sorry, should have said, South Essex.

Ive had a flick through some of the threads a search throws up, but by the time I've worked my way through them all, I'll be old.

Was just enquiring really as to if any lakes in particular stand out above the rest. A search on the net gives lists & lists of suitable lakes, but unless you know someone who has fished them, your not really going to get anywhere or find anything out about that water.

Cheers

Just set an hour aside for searching :wink::lol::lol:

Re Particular lakes, In that case specify a particular Lake :roll::wink:

Also you are going to find it very difficult to get info on particular syndicate lakes in that Basildon/Epping area. Some are very closed shop, and not a lot is given away. So the only way is to specify a particular Lake.

Don't correct me on the difference in locations, I know Epping is inside M25, close to Theydon Bois, Loughton, Buckhurst Hill etc, and Basildon is the other side near to Southend.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't correct me on the difference in locations, I know Epping is inside M25, close to Theydon Bois, Loughton, Buckhurst Hill etc, and Basildon is the other side near to Southend.

Whoa, where did that come from?? Your geographical knowledge was never in question...

lol,

I know just in case someone thought I was being smart :wink::lol::lol::lol: and saying that Epping and Basildon were right next to each other. Epping, the place where I was born :? and Southend the place where London escapees go for a holiday.

Even worse I had to work on Canvey Island! :shock::?:oops:

I do know that there are a few lakes in Epping Forest area, and I also know about a few near the M25 closer to Basildon, unfortunately I can't divulge that many.

If you come up as far as Ingatestone you have Fryerning Fisheries, not sure if that is full yet, but it is expensive.

Have a look at Essex Grange, Arena and Aquatels though. I know some have been mentioned in the past on here

try gloucster park its 95 pound a year for two rods and not only do you get that lake for a year you also get northlands and lake meadows yes thats right 3 lakes for 95 pound now thats a bargin
Well its not really for those 3 lakes :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 year later...

selo angling in ingatestone is a very nice water, isnt just carp. there are big bream, tench, crucians, rudd and perch. carp go up to 30lbs but it isnt an easy water, me n my friend together only had 12 carp last year but smallest was 19lb, you have to work for your catch but the lakes itself is very nice and teh fish are immaculate.