Coated Braid

Guest cairngorm

Guest cairngorm

I have just watched the Korda Underwater DVD part 6 and he has been using the Korda hybrid coated braid. I was wondering if ESP Strip Teaze would be as good as it.

Any replies would be helpful.

It doesn't matter what braid you use as long as you are comfortable with it!

Old News, but Korda had a problem with a load of Hybrid being recalled and they had to replace many purchased spools.

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23882

My Mate used the stuff and lost a couple of fish due to knots snapping and it had awful Abrasion Resistance.

I keep Kryston Mantis and Mantis Gold, Snakebite and Snakeskin in the Tackle Box.

They work for me so I see no need to change.

very rarely use coated braids anymore, choose to hinge my rigs with bristle insead, or a simple length of merlin. the only coated links I do use frequently are my own version of the recoil rig, where the silicone tubing gives me the desired kick out off the lead yet is still supple, plus I get the added spring in the rig whichI find highly beneficial for very riggy fish :wink:

On the free Korda DVD ( catalogue ) Danny shows you how to tie Hybrid properly. The knots need steaming as you tighten them down. It seems like a pain in the backside to me. Every time you tie a knot you have to get the kettle on :roll: .

I used to use hybrid for the majority of my fishing, and I always change my rig for a new one each cast, so yes.......the steaming gets to be a real pain in the proverbial

what about the fox cortex is this any good

fox coretex is very similar to the esp strip tease,

suffix sheath skin is marginaly better camoflaged as the coating and the braid are almost the same colour (the inner braid in the fox/esp is yellowish in the gravel brown variants), the coating is also slightly stiffer than the fox/esp ones.

each to his own. :)

i like korda hy-brid but you waste a lot of it practising getting the knots right :wink::):):)

On the free Korda DVD ( catalogue ) Danny shows you how to tie Hybrid properly. The knots need steaming as you tighten them down. It seems like a pain in the backside to me. Every time you tie a knot you have to get the kettle on :roll: .

Yeah but, when I'm fishing, the kettle has more often than not just boiled, I like my tea :)

for the hybrid i just strip back enought to do the knot then do a normal blood knot

Flipping heck! :evil::evil::?:shock::roll:

Goblin has kind of said it all.

The Blood knot is one of the most dangerous and risky knots to tie with most braids, monos and fluorocarbons. :!:

It has a tendency to break at a low percentage of the line strength, as low as 50% or even less when under sudden strain. It is a strangulation knot and pulls in on itself causing sudden failure.

For the fishes sake please learn to tie a safer knot, the palomar is 100% efficient, but I don't know how good it is with Hybrid.

Learn to tie the Uni/Grinner or Palomar which are suitable for most braids etc.

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

Mantis Gold

And Sufix Black silt sometimes

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

Old News, but Korda had a problem with a load of Hybrid being recalled and they had to replace many purchased spools.

My Mate used the stuff and lost a couple of fish due to knots snapping and it had awful Abrasion Resistance.

I keep Kryston Mantis and Mantis Gold, Snakebite and Snakeskin in the Tackle Box.

The problem with Korda Hybrid are now solved. IMO korda hybrid is the best coated braid!

The problem with Korda Hybrid are now solved. IMO korda hybrid is the best coated braid!

Sure on that?

Sorry but since it has been replaced my mate had the problems, it still goes "ping" for no apparent reason at times, lack of abrasion resistance on the slightest snag. I've seen him steam his knots, watch him tie up fresh rigs on the bank.

When it comes to rigs he is more particular than me :shock: , it has to be absolutely perfect. I have watched him measuring and cutting his hooklink materials so that they are the exact length, then measuring his loop knots and his hair loop.

Like I said reason enough for me to avoid it