Maggot Rigs

spudder

Spudder forget the rest and try the best maggot rig going.

1. Tie a micro rig ring onto some braid.

2. Tie a knotless knot with the rig ring about 15mm from the bend of a size 10 hook so it looks like a standard hair rig but instead of a loop for your boilie stop, you have a rig ring in its place.

3. Thread about 6 - 10 maggots onto a needle.

4. Take a length of dental floss and put it through the eye of the needle and ease the maggots onto the floss.

5. Tie the floss onto the rig ring on your hooklink with a few overhand knots.

6. Trim the floss and burn the tag ends.

Job done, i hope that helps.

i saw this rig in a mag recently was thinking about giving it a go, you had much result on it?

You saw it in a mag? Ive been doing it this way for the past 18 months. I expect the angler in question claimed it was all his idea as well :roll: When in truth, its common sense really.

I have caught one or two on it but then again its hard when the nuisance fish in my water smash your maggots to pieces inside 20 minutes.

i saw this rig in a mag recently was thinking about giving it a go, you had much result on it?

You saw it in a mag? Ive been doing it this way for the past 18 months. I expect the angler in question claimed it was all his idea as well :roll: When in truth, its common sense really.

I have caught one or two on it but then again its hard when the nuisance fish in my water smash your maggots to pieces inside 20 minutes.

Been doing it for years. Much better than those awful blunt Maggot Klips that burst every maggot you try to put on them.

The Medusa rig does work well. If you put enough maggots on it, it can actually almost jump along the bottom due to the movement of the maggots.