River Carping Kent

Hi to all, I've been doing alot of Carping on canals (up North in Worksop - so if anyone wants advice I'm your man 150 carp to 29lbs in 4 seasons)but have moved back South and Wish to explore Rivers more and need advice and tips on where to fish - even if only snippets of Information, baits, general location, stock etc.

I look forward to hearing from you

Welcome to the Forum.

Neil Wayte mentions some Kent Rivers/Canals in his book River Carping.

The Medway is mentioned as as the Royal Military Canal.

Some of the fishing on the Royal Military Canal is controlled by the Cinqueports Angling Society:

http://www.cinqueportsanglingsociety.org

That may give you a start

Nick

The canals excellent for the carp there are a number of 30's in there possible pushing 40,there is fish in there known as the pig a real nice lump 35lb it got caught last,there best place id say to fish is in the central hythe canal,thats where the carp were getting caught under the rowing boats. :wink:I used to be a membe there for 5 seasons before i move to mk so if there any info you need pm me

Kent is limited for river carping unless I have missed a trick.

The Royal Military is your best bet. I was told that 'the pig' was in a pit in Hythe.

Had some nice tench from near Hythe on the canal but no carp but I have heard rumours of a few.

Fished R M Canal for years...some lovely carp in there,including the pig....try giggers green for pike.....the town center near the rowing boats is good for carp in summer...also a good spot is opposite the fireing range behind the prince of wales pub.....CDAA have got grove ferry and plucks gutter on the kentish stour....also mid kent fisheries have a stretch of the stour and also part of RM canal at appledore....for the hythe part you want cinque ports angling...but can be fished on a day ticket on the bank

I've been told River Medway at Teston has a few Carp to 35lb and Barbel to double figures so i'll be trying there, I'll keep you informed of my catches - If any. If anyone wants to come along PM me (I'm from Sheerness and had a few carp from canals just over old bridge on right handside) , I wont actually be fishing River till weather warms up and water not so coloured.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry for long delays, I've fished R Medway at Teston above weir opposite hanging trees but have only had Carp to 12 lbs - they fight like a pack of dogs and use every branch, rock and obstacle they can find - no plodders there! I'll be back this season as just bought bait boat to get everything under trees. I'm now going to be concentrating my fishing on R Medway at Maidstone as I fished a lake in Paddock Wood ( I'm gonna name it! Orchard Place Farm in Paddock Wood 3 months ago and saw stocking of 4 fish from the River Medway caught at Maidstone Town stretch at night, 34lbs, 31 lbs, 24lbs and an 18 lber These fish probably have names now and boilie guts - needless to say I havn't fished these lakes since - It is theft. If anyone's interested let me know.