CLEAR HOOKS

zander1

Doesn't class reflect light - I cant see me buying into this idea?

with regards to a lead, the density of the glass doesnt affect the clarity of it, you would need to be fishing a very shallow water, somewhere around a mile off the sun and casting once a minute, so as to keep the lead moving before you could spot mine.

Did tests on my water....gin clear..depths 5-7ft, i dropped one in the margin in six inches of water, and four of us spent twenty minutes looking for it. wouldnt touch anything else now, aside from dung leads for snaggy choddy areas, and only because they take a glug on

Osprey angling are bringing out a range of invisible end tackle, next year i think.

Leads, lead clips beads rubbers, leads etc.

This may be who goblin is already getting them from, not sure?

how do u find this sort of thing out???? :)

Saw an advert somewhere

Yeah I saw that, this month's ACF

true

ruffing it up would make it opaque

grooves would refract, like a prism.

I take it the secret is in its shape and material

yes mate :wink: lots will be jumping on the bandwagon and buying from firms that are selling a gimmick though, and actually worthless in fishing terms :wink::wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I believe it was Mike Wilson who originally used Glass Weights at Savay. He was concerned due to the effect of an Electrical Current occurring between dissimilar metals in water. He was using the glass from a Chandelier.

Wonder if he realised the continuing possibilities of Clear Leads.

As for Clear hooks, why is it not possible? We have polycarbonates that are extremely strong and sharp and may well be able to manipulated/extruded into the right shape.

Will it be an edge though? How much difference is there between a sharp metal hook that is difficult to see in water, especially if hidden under a boilie and a polycarbonate (sic) hook? Look at how, in many cases your hook lands on the lakebed, often with the boilie landing on top masking it from view, especially as the boilie is not usually as dense as the Hook.

I believe it was Mike Wilson who originally used Glass Weights at Savay. He was concerned due to the effect of an Electrical Current occurring between dissimilar metals in water. He was using the glass from a Chandelier.

Wonder if he realised the continuing possibilities of Clear Leads.

As for Clear hooks, why is it not possible? We have polycarbonates that are extremely strong and sharp and may well be able to manipulated/extruded into the right shape.

Will it be an edge though? How much difference is there between a sharp metal hook that is difficult to see in water, especially if hidden under a boilie and a polycarbonate (sic) hook? Look at how, in many cases your hook lands on the lakebed, often with the boilie landing on top masking it from view, especially as the boilie is not usually as dense as the Hook.

remember I was talking in a pm a while ago about a new hooking arrangement for zigs i was looking forward to getting into mate, this is it :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly belive i.m.o that there is no way on earth a carp can see a hook on a lake bottom , i think we give them far more credit than they deserve , they might just might see a lead if its not the right color for the lake bed but a hook ! they might feel the line and shy away they might even be a bit frightened on big beds of baits even then they will eventaly throw caution to the wind .

I would think if you sprinkled a couple of packets of hooks over a baited margin spot the fish would not take a bit of notice while they were feeding .

I honestly belive i.m.o that there is no way on earth a carp can see a hook on a lake bottom , i think we give them far more credit than they deserve , they might just might see a lead if its not the right color for the lake bed but a hook ! they might feel the line and shy away they might even be a bit frightened on big beds of baits even then they will eventaly throw caution to the wind .

I would think if you sprinkled a couple of packets of hooks over a baited margin spot the fish would not take a bit of notice while they were feeding .

Not sure if sprinkling hooks in the water is actually really very safe for the carp, esp if over some feed. Poor sods will eat the hooks! :shock:

why is it then that people use coated hooks, or black off their hooks with a marker, if everybody agrees that when the hooks on the bottom it normaly gets covered by the bait or debris surounding it :?::?

Its a thing called confidence :wink:

If you are confident in what you are doing, then you are more likely to catch.

Incidentally I don't subscribe to the colouring a hook in with a marker, simply because of the hook being covered by the bait or debris.

Incidentally I don't subscribe to the colouring a hook in with a marker, simply because of the hook being covered by the bait or debris.

:oops: i am a bit camo-mad, coulouring in tubing and moding my leads and the rest of it and if one of the hooks that i am using is a bit on the shinny side then ill black it off, i dont black off the teflon coated ones or things like that, and like you said "confidence" is the key, ino im a bit OTT :lol:

Osprey angling are bringing out a range of invisible end tackle, next year i think.

how do u find this sort of thing out???? :)

Saw an advert somewhere

Yeah I saw that, this month's ACF

i saw it in this months total carp!

• 2 weeks later...

no mate, and they have the same problem, impossible to tighten down to them :wink:

but korda leads coating isnt exactly coarse is it, thats a smooth plastic coating, also, once the diamond lead thing has been dragged about a bit, not gonna be so invisible anymoe,if they are, scatches and gouges will hold debris and stuff.

total farce if you ask me, and as for clear hooks, what?. as if metal hooks dont catch enough already!

the man speaks sense.

no mate, and they have the same problem, impossible to tighten down to them :wink:

but korda leads coating isnt exactly coarse is it, thats a smooth plastic coating, also, once the diamond lead thing has been dragged about a bit, not gonna be so invisible anymoe,if they are, scatches and gouges will hold debris and stuff.

read the whole thread before you jump in with a comment that is totally out of context :roll:

and as for clear hooks, well yet again read the posts. total farce eh :lol::lol::roll:

you can comment on the leads when you have been using them for the last twelve months and have an informed view

read the whole thread before you jump in with a comment that is totally out of context :roll:

and as for clear hooks, well yet again read the posts. total farce eh :lol::lol::roll:

you can comment on the leads when you have been using them for the last twelve months and have an informed view

The Leads view is probably better put on this thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22174