Hi all

I have just signed up as i have been away from fishing for a few years due to other "2 wheeled" interests taking priority.  

I used to be a member of the SDAA (Shefford and District) ticket for many years then moved to the Priory ticket in Weston for a few years.  Not been on a ticket for a couple of years but just rejoined the SDAA ticket for the coming season.  

I dont claim to be an expert (or even that good) but i just enjoy carp fishing and am hoping to get time to spend some time on the bank.

Hoping to get (and give a little if i can) some advise and guidance from like minded anglers.  

11 hours ago, mrmud said:

Welcome along @BackInTheGame. Out of curiosity what was the 2 wheels. I done abit on a trials bikes for a few years. Still got a trrs 250.

Thanks Mrmud

Triumph street triple. Been riding for over 5 years but the last couple I just seemed to be riding whatever free time I had. Did Isle of Man TT last year as well. 

17 hours ago, BackInTheGame said:

Thanks Mrmud

Triumph street triple. Been riding for over 5 years but the last couple I just seemed to be riding whatever free time I had. Did Isle of Man TT last year as well. 

That's a nice bike. I'd love to have a bike on the road. One day, maybe when I stop buying fishing stuff lol

On 08/05/2024 at 17:02, BackInTheGame said:

Hi all

I have just signed up as i have been away from fishing for a few years due to other "2 wheeled" interests taking priority.  

I used to be a member of the SDAA (Shefford and District) ticket for many years then moved to the Priory ticket in Weston for a few years.  Not been on a ticket for a couple of years but just rejoined the SDAA ticket for the coming season.  

I dont claim to be an expert (or even that good) but i just enjoy carp fishing and am hoping to get time to spend some time on the bank.

Hoping to get (and give a little if i can) some advise and guidance from like minded anglers.  

Now other bike minded people on here are @welder and @levigsp 

Frank (levigsp) is also the person with an immense knowledge of carp strains, bikes, and hunting dogs 

2 hours ago, B B said:

Not sure of the cc of my bike … and defo it wouldn’t make it to the TT but I would like to experience the racing one day … here’s my green machine

IMG_6757.jpeg

That's great. Be a killer going up some of the lanes to get to the lakes I fish 

On 10/05/2024 at 23:21, B B said:

Not sure of the cc of my bike … and defo it wouldn’t make it to the TT but I would like to experience the racing one day … here’s my green machine

IMG_6757.jpeg

😄 you will be surprised, if your legs are strong enough you could get there on it.  Seriously though, if it is something you are interested in then bite the bullet and go.  there is nothing else like it in the world.  

19 minutes ago, BackInTheGame said:

it is a bit of an issue for me, riding my bike took a priority then i went a bought another toy last year so the bike riding took a bit of a hit.  

IMG20240413115709a.jpg

Very nice. As the saying goes "boys don't grow up, they're toys just get more expensive" 🤣.

You know it runs well when you can stand a coin on the engine at idle lol. 

I've not ridden/ competed since COVID came along. Should really get it out n give it a service. Trouble is having the time to do both so it's fish n not ride 

7 minutes ago, mrmud said:

Very nice. As the saying goes "boys don't grow up, they're toys just get more expensive" 🤣.

You know it runs well when you can stand a coin on the engine at idle lol. 

I've not ridden/ competed since COVID came along. Should really get it out n give it a service. Trouble is having the time to do both so it's fish n not ride 

its as smooth as silk the BMW N54 3l straight 6 is a joy.  GEt her serviced and enjoy those greenlanes (and twisties) again.