BEST THROUGH ACTION RODS

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

At least it is not just me, I can just about get them100yds with no shock leader maybe I Do need some bigger rods 😂

4 hours ago, emmcee said:

I watched a video of some bloke with £25 beach rod which was floppier than a floppy thing. I wouldn't grow runner beans up it let alone fish with it and he cast this rod 140yds on his first cast with it with ease. Its all about technique in my opinion.  I'm not a big caster or I wasn't should I say. Watch Terry Edmunds on YouTube,  he's done a few videos lately full of tips. So maybe work on your technique first as it might just save yourself a few hundred quid.  

Technique is everything, but it seems that 'The Korda Boyz' pushed heavier test curve rods as the long casting answer over practice.

I'd frequently get back from fishing Sunday lunchtime and then spend the afternoon casting over the field.

If we go back to the 1990's I was casting over 100metres with 2¼lb test curve rods and original 4000 size Baitrunners, 2½oz leads, shockleader and 8lb mono. The 2¾lb Armalite mk.ll update saw 10lb line being used with leaders, to 2.75lb SP's and 15lb line and 3oz leads and reaching over 125metres, using bags and stringers.

The Korda Boyz, a tongue in cheek remark about tackle brand sponsorship pushing heavier rods because they simply couldn't reach the distance because technique is lacking. Easier to buy new gear over spending time practicing.

3 hours ago, emmcee said:

What lb line do you use and size of lead can I ask? 

I've been using 0.40mm Gardner gt80+ but I've recently switched to a 0.37mm katran line which seems to have helped, due to the weed and stuff I can't really go a lot thinner so not ideal casting line but an improvement and it seems to have helped, leads 3.5oz or 4oz dumpy distance on leadclips usually 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Casting is gonna have to wait the 6 wrap kid is in town, I know boring but you ain't gonna catch if you ain't on em, and I have seen some signs. I did try all fingers abive the reel though, even at short range it felt pretty decent, one to continue with IMG-20231014-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.fd7289cff53f329b949661712ecd6fb3.jpeg

That looks familiar for some reason...