Approach for this time of year

jh92

34 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I haven't been on the bank for a while but hoping to get out over the weekend, do you think they've started slowing down yet? 

Well although the weather has cooled considerably I’d tend to stick to my usual tactics until the first frost but that’s just me .

Stock levels have to be taken into consideration too . Are they still hungry ? Is the venue still busy ? I’ve not been out for a few weeks myself but I would have thought the banks have started to get a bit quieter? 

Therefore how much bait has been going in ? 
Forecast suggests that this weekend will be as cold as it has been so far this autumn, lows of 4-5c overnight…. Next week nearer 1-2c .

Anyway , I’m jealous , good luck 🤞🏻 

3 hours ago, jh92 said:

I haven't been on the bank for a while but hoping to get out over the weekend, do you think they've started slowing down yet? 

Like @newmarket I tend to carry on doing what I'm doing until the first few regular frosts or even into December. I would say 'first frost', but we had one a couple of weeks ago and then a few days and nights of almost constant temperature with rain.

In fact with the rain, I think the fish carried on munching big time. 

Tim makes some other very valid points, stock levels, bait reliant, how busy a venue, etc.

My syndicate is quiet anyway, the most I've seen is 9 or 10 on 45 acres, yet compare that to a commercial and you would have 50 anglers on that lake...

The commercial is 'overstocked' so you catch compared to the syndicate.

I do use less bait, but I tend to up the numbers of boilies and drop the levels of particles. Particles I think rely on the oils within to attract, in cooler weather the oils cloud up and solidify being less attractive.