Sonik Vader

I use a Sonik Vader S&M Hybrid Spod and Marker. 

Biggest problem is the 50mm butt ring, they do get chipped easily in transit, I have had to replace it twice. 

Personally I prefer 40mm butt rings and the 50mm does NOT improve casting distance. I can cast  Century Big Bertha with 40mm butt ring further, but as I use the one rod for spodding and marker/leading around now I slimmed the tackle down. 

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I use a Sonik Vader S&M Hybrid Spod and Marker. 

Biggest problem is the 50mm butt ring, they do get chipped easily in transit, I have had to replace it twice. 

Personally I prefer 40mm butt rings and the 50mm does NOT improve casting distance. I can cast  Century Big Bertha with 40mm butt ring further, but as I use the one rod for spodding and marker/leading around now I slimmed the tackle down. 

I've just broken the insert on one my rods again, I also did the same on my sonik rod, I'm going off the rings with plastic inserts, I break them too easily don't even know how or when it happened tbh, can you get eyes without the inserts (ie more Elmo resistant) 😉

29 minutes ago, framey said:

First place I looked to be fair 

there’s another place called guides and blanks or something like that it may be cheaper

Thanks don't worry, it has a minima guide now lol, just a bit more bent 😁 I have checked there aren't any sharp bits on it so I may use it as is for a bit, I did spot a few rods that seem to come with similar guides as standard tbh, might just get saving🤔

40 minutes ago, Highy said:

The RS version have the thinner lighter ring guides on. 

Will take a look thanks 

• 4 weeks later...