Friezeland Pools Market Bosworth

Hello Guy's

Im fishing this venue for 24hrs on friday and wondered if anybody could give me any tip's Ive heard there are carp upto 30lb in there but cant seem to find any info on the place

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Nick

m8 any one who tells you that theres a thirty in there is telling porkies. ive done loads of nights up there a few years back. litterally any peg and you will bag up. fish the lake on the right as you go in to the fishery. in the day only drop a hook bait half way across to the isalnd at night drop your hook baits 3 inches of your own margin. all the big fish are in the margins at night. keep away from pop up and anything fluro in colour.

just bags or a tiny amount of bait on each hook baits works realy well.

a word of warning though at night you get a lot of poachers coming down to the lake. they turn up at 2am catch the fish and are gone by 3am. ive nevr had any trouble with them but its always worth staying out of there way.

forgot to mention they love bread. i take 15 loafs with me . as evry bodies backing up start feeding bread and keep feeding even through the night and you will catch the bigger fish of the top right the way through the night.

there are a few low 20s in there but you have to fight your way through smaller fish. no point in taking a bedchair you wont be getting any sleep.

i would try and spread your selves about as the fish realy do keep tight to your own margin. try and make as little desterbance as possible. aprt from the isalnd there are no features all clay bottom and very shallow. big beds of ground bait worked when i used to fish it but your setting your self up for lots of little ones. fish tiny amounts of bait. reposition your hook baits every 30 mins. ive casted out on there a few times and as i was pulling the line to set the bobbin the line has pulled out of my hand with a fish taking it on the drop.

Well what can I say other than the carp in there are mad for it mate no matter what bait you use your guaranteed to catch between 2 of us we had over 100 carp during the night but there all small biggest we had was 9 pound the fish in there are starving fish that would be at least a double in other water's only weigh in around 5-6 pound there really long and lean fish. Pineapple was correct about them coming really close in I was throwing bread and dog biscuits in literally 5 inches from my peg and they were fighting to get at it if you fancy a bit of sport its definatly worth a go I was supposed to fish the night and the whole of saturday by 9 o'clock in the morning I was ready to go home Like Pineapple said dont take a bedchair with you if you night fish it I didnt even get 5 mins kip all night :wink:

Well what can I say other than the carp in there are mad for it mate no matter what bait you use your guaranteed to catch between 2 of us we had over 100 carp during the night but there all small biggest we had was 9 pound the fish in there are starving fish that would be at least a double in other water's only weigh in around 5-6 pound there really long and lean fish. Pineapple was correct about them coming really close in I was throwing bread and dog biscuits in literally 5 inches from my peg and they were fighting to get at it if you fancy a bit of sport its definatly worth a go I was supposed to fish the night and the whole of saturday by 9 o'clock in the morning I was ready to go home Like Pineapple said dont take a bedchair with you if you night fish it I didnt even get 5 mins kip all night :wink:

I will leave it then, thats not my type of fishing. I would get bored of it and very, very quickly at that.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was fishing there monday and caught 7 on the second peg near the enterance. Most of them where small up 2 about 5lb. Most of them where caught near in on a float with luncheon meat and sweet corn on the end. Need to be quick to strike as the fish are very crafty. But overall a great day fishing. Opens at 6am till 10pm.

• 8 months later...

Hi folks, Firstly if your a serious carp angler don't think about this venue any more its not worth the effort.

Myself and two friends who have fished this venue before went back to this venue at the weekend thinking that the fish would have grown alot by now since it has been 3years ago when they fishied it last, and we did catch fish how ever the fish are in poor condition not just through handling on the bank but they are extremley under weight.

The rumours of big 20's and 30's :( are rubbish with most of the fish from 6oz to 4lb if your lucky. We had loads of runs but the fish are that small they can't get the rigs into their mouths unless of course you use a size 22 hook and a maggot and you WILL land every take.

However its not all bad i know this because my mate had one of their breakfasts he said it was great, so if you like an english breaky and catching little fish then this place is for you.

I fished the matchlake rather than the usual older lake. I had to leave early in the morning to avoid the match - But ouy can nightfish it.

Its very weady - Must be a nightmare for the pole anglers - In a night i banke 3 carp Smallest was 8 lb biggest 15lb. i WENT THE FAR SIDE AND FISHED IT BETWEN THE SMAL ISLANDS. i used 2 - 3 oz fixed lead set on a transparent leader - Good ov er weed. Fish wer e in ok condition too. Baits were source boilies and home made pastes....

• 3 months later...

theres no 30lb in this water fish use dog buscuits on the hair

try this outstanding method i Caught 59 Carp in 6 Hours on my first visit there

When the Sun is shining the Carp will bubble and cruise under the surface

Required: 3kg Dog Biscuits

A Simple Rig about 4'' Long with Quick Link

Step One: Tie your Lead onto the End of your Mainline

No Rig required at this point

Step Two: Cast out your Lead to the Island then apply a tight Line

Non Rig Required

Step Three: Then Clip on your Rig on the mainline near your Rod tip

then Lift rod so that the Rig slides down the line just so it touches the water with the dog biscuits on so that when the carp cruise along the water they take the Rig which is susspended on your mainline and because of the tension of the mainline they hook there self straight away.

Step Four: catapult a handful of dog biscuits at your rig and do this every 1 minute or so to kepp the carp in your swim