New venue tips

Ark79

I did well on a silty lake in York, I just chucked multi rigs on heli set ups at showing fish, then I’d bait up with boilie chops rather than hole boilies because I imagined they’d flutter down through the water and settle on top of the silt rather than a hole boilie which I imagined would be buried further into it out of view. 

Leadcore isn’t allowed on this venue buddy, probably every venue in scotyland….

thought about the naked chod, and will probably give this a go 👍🏻

also thinking of a simple heli rig , only thing am struggling with what hooklink to use 🤷🏼‍♂️ Semi stiff ? Or stiff ? Or supple ? Lol  

Another thing to try if fishing in silt is use a mesh bag attached to the hook and put a couple of floaters in it with some normal pellets, this will make your rig land slower as it won't settle til the bag melts, meaning it should sit on top of the silt, I would also use liquids to stop your baits taking on the silty odours as fast 

Edited by elmoputney

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Another thing to try if fishing in silt is use a mesh bag attached to the hook and put a couple of floaters in it with some normal pellets, this will make your rig land slower as it won't settle til the bag melts, meaning it should sit on top of the silt, I would also use liquids to stop your baits taking on the silty odours as fast 

looking at the bait additives just now on the evil bay lol…  

the mesh idea should work a treat mate cheers 👍🏻

43 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

My preferred hooklink is esp tungsten loaded in semi stiff, it’s on the supple side for a semi stiff which I prefer. I also like Gardner ultra skin in stiff if the bottom is clean enough for me to use it 

Cheers mate 😁

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

What bait are you using? 

Dynamite the crave , was using it straight out the bag on a mono hair,

then sticky waffters for the solid bag rig , filled with crushed crave boilies and sticky 6mm and 4mm with smoked corn goo , didn’t use the goo on every bag tho 

9 minutes ago, Ark79 said:

Dynamite the crave , was using it straight out the bag on a mono hair,

then sticky waffters for the solid bag rig , filled with crushed crave boilies and sticky 6mm and 4mm with smoked corn goo , didn’t use the goo on every bag tho 

https://purebaitconcepts.com/bait-prep-liquid-loading/

This is worth a read about liquid loading your baits, you don't have to use the same liquids but it's a good guide, 

Or you could use a little bit of bottled water and the crave liquid and soak them for 24 hours before you go that would soften them up and stop them soaking up too much grot 

7 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

https://purebaitconcepts.com/bait-prep-liquid-loading/

This is worth a read about liquid loading your baits, you don't have to use the same liquids but it's a good guide, 

Or you could use a little bit of bottled water and the crave liquid and soak them for 24 hours before you go that would soften them up and stop them soaking up too much grot 

Good article 
Will be trying this buddy cheers for that 👍🏻😁

more investigation needed on the tube 😁 I’m more of a visual learner😂

35 minutes ago, Ark79 said:

Love sitting thinking about rig’s 🤔 been doing it all day 😂 she’s hinting for the living room to be painted and am hinting nope ! 🙄 She needs a hobby 😂

Let the Mrs do it pal... I went on a 24hr the other week, Mrs was bored so she redone the living room, gave away old units and 3 piece suite, came home to an all grey n white living room, new grey carpet, new grey couch, new white units... I was amaaaazed. 

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Let the Mrs do it pal... I went on a 24hr the other week, Mrs was bored so she redone the living room, gave away old units and 3 piece suite, came home to an all grey n white living room, new grey carpet, new grey couch, new white units... I was amaaaazed. 

Did she get Nick Knowles in? That sounds impossible without DIY sos 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Did she get Nick Knowles in? That sounds impossible without DIY sos 

5 minutes ago, Highy said:

From this... 

Screenshot_20210809_165140_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.73ada9dda808c3a0b87cf4e75b25d680.jpg

To this... 

Screenshot_20210809_165217_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.626ff2c7907a381c3d6605d05d8bd436.jpg

Units were built that night, couch came 2 days later... 

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

No no no 🤔🤔 nope 😂 sounds like your wife has good taste, a would come back to pink and more pink 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

but disappearing for a 24 hour ses sound blissful 😁😁