Anyone on the rivers??

jh92

I’m quite excited to get back on the tidal stretch, still craving a 20lber 😆 got an hours work at 9, done at 10 and will heading straight to the river. Got tigers, corn and krill soaked boilies on the ready. High tide at 11am so plan on fishing high tide down to low and catch them on their way down. That’s the plan anyway 😂😂

anyone else out?

18 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I’m quite excited to get back on the tidal stretch, still craving a 20lber 😆 got an hours work at 9, done at 10 and will heading straight to the river. Got tigers, corn and krill soaked boilies on the ready. High tide at 11am so plan on fishing high tide down to low and catch them on their way down. That’s the plan anyway 😂😂

anyone else out?

Good luck mate, I hope your plan comes together and you catch a chunky river carp.😁👍🎣

On 16/06/2021 at 08:50, finchey said:

Good luck mate, I hope your plan comes together and you catch a chunky river carp.😁👍🎣

I had one bream and that was it, lots of canoes out which didn’t help but I will try again soon 👍 I’ve just got to a reservoir for a night or two, maybe three depending on how it goes 😂

18 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I had one bream and that was it, lots of canoes out which didn’t help but I will try again soon 👍 I’ve just got to a reservoir for a night or two, maybe three depending on how it goes 😂

Good luck mate 🙂👍. I'm chewing at the bit to get on the bank but I've got horrible thing called work in the way.😂

10 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm going to start looking for fish along the river, but will definitely include some chub floater fishing. 

I didn't even walk the river this close season, I spent non working days on my syndicate fishing. 

I’ve done a bit of walking during the close season and walked a bit on the canal, seen lots of mullet and one carp on the river and nothing on the canal, it’s had thick weed since last year lol.

River here has been coloured for the best part of the close. Difficult to see much and the rain is due all week to make it worse. First year for a while I’ve not done the start of the season on the river as I’m too focused on blanking on my chosen water for the year! 

I did eye up a nice area yesterday evening which the lake backs on to. There are fish in the marina and this offers a good look at the entrance cut as well as a shallow bar, loads of overhangs and some lilies too. I’m sure I will end up giving it a bit of time at some point this summer!!