Pellets

1 hour ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Anybody used these? Any feedback?👍🏻
https://britishaquafeeds.com/product/coppens-supreme-15-grower-25kg/

I've used the black magic ones before to add to my Pva bag mix , they seemed pretty good, not seen those particular ones before they seem a new addition, look pretty good though high in protien and oil might be worth a punt, I have bought a few bits from BAF and they always seem good quality 

1 hour ago, yonny said:

No but I've used their standard trouties which are excellent mate. No doubt at all that the posh ones will be brilliant.

The premium select ones they do have also have 15% oil but only 34% protien, I've read a few times that anything over 33% protien is a waste as the carp can't utilise it all and it just gets crapped out , do you think there is a benefit to giving them more protien still like these ones with a higher protien value ?  I don't know the answer my guess if it helps keep them coming back it's worth it😂

but if not and it's all about the oil then you may as well use the premium select, and save a few quid???? 😳 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I've read a few times that anything over 33% protien is a waste as the carp can't utilise it all and it just gets crapped out , do you think there is a benefit to giving them more protien still like these ones with a higher protien value ?

I would guess that even if they cannot utilise the extra protein the additional aminos would improve the pellets attraction qualities. But I'm no expert either lol. 

41 minutes ago, yonny said:

I would guess that even if they cannot utilise the extra protein the additional aminos would improve the pellets attraction qualities. But I'm no expert either lol. 

Well that can only be a good thing, and makes sense, so for that reason they are probably well worth it over the premium select ones,

I used the coppens carp pellets last year and they seemed to work OK, 9%oil 32%protien I think carp can get hooked on them if you feed them enough,I noticed by the time I was on my second bag in the autumn they seemed quite keen on them last year 👍

I think it's good to stay amateur in these things, bait seems quite a rabbit hole you can fall down 🐰🐰👍

Surely it’s better to have more protein than not enough whether it’s wasted or not?

at the end of the day what they can’t process will be passed out the back end won’t it?
you wouldn’t leave a steak half eaten because you had eaten the “required” amount you would stop when you are full up.

Edited by framey

1 hour ago, framey said:

Surely it’s better to have more protein than not enough whether it’s wasted or not?

at the end of the day what they can’t process will be passed out the back end won’t it?
you wouldn’t leave a steak half eaten because you had eaten the “required” amount you would stop when you are full up.

Leave a steak 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

I've never done that even if I am full up 😃

I think I probably agree with you though too much is probably better than not enough if it gets them feeding more readily, and I guess if you are feeding better quality food they are probably going to come back more often 👍