Fox EOS 10000FD or Wychwood Riot 45/55s?

Looking at starting to properly get myself set up this season and I’ve just bought some Fox EOS 12ft 3lb rods and I’m now looking at reels to buy.

Currently have some Okuma baitrunners but wanting and needing to upgrade them and also change over to front drag system (never tried before but the more I think about it the more I like the idea).

I’ve seen the Fox EOS 10000FD and also the Wychwood 45s/55s. Both are in my relatively limited price range (wedding to save for). 

Fox EOS 10000FD - £54.99

Wychwood 45s - £42.50

Wychwood 55s £49.50

Could anyone recommend which reel would be their preference to go for? Also, what is the difference between the 45s/55s Wychwood Riots? I’ve also seen the 65 but I’m not going to be using large venues and wouldn’t want them to be too oversized, unless someone tells me differently!

Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, CarpingCraig said:

Looking at starting to properly get myself set up this season and I’ve just bought some Fox EOS 12ft 3lb rods and I’m now looking at reels to buy.

Currently have some Okuma baitrunners but wanting and needing to upgrade them and also change over to front drag system (never tried before but the more I think about it the more I like the idea).

I’ve seen the Fox EOS 10000FD and also the Wychwood 45s/55s. Both are in my relatively limited price range (wedding to save for). 

Fox EOS 10000FD - £54.99

Wychwood 45s - £42.50

Wychwood 55s £49.50

Could anyone recommend which reel would be their preference to go for? Also, what is the difference between the 45s/55s Wychwood Riots? I’ve also seen the 65 but I’m not going to be using large venues and wouldn’t want them to be too oversized, unless someone tells me differently!

Thank you in advance!

You will or may find that smaller reels on heavier test curve rods don't balance very well. It is better to have larger reels than too small, and should you go to larger waters in the future, the reels will be right. 

I found on my 2.75lb Century SP's Shimano 4500's and 8010's were too small, so bought 10000's. Even with the DL10000's and 15lb line, my casting was limited to 90metres. (The lake was 100metres wide, so I'm sure on distance). 

I didn't like the Wychwood reels, I didn't find them comfortable and they felt 'cheap'. 

I would actually shop around and for another £10 or so look at Shimano Beastmasters. 

I love mine although they are 5 or 6 years old now. 

A baitrunner spool doesn't take much to get used to, I found it pretty easy. 

I honestly think that they are a better buy than the latest £100 plus Shimmy's. 

As I say shop around, but here is AD link

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/shimano-beastmaster-xb-reel

I can’t comment on the wychwood reels as I’ve not used them, but I have a set of fox EOS12000 reels coupled to 12ft 3lb fox torque rods and I really can’t fault them, the reels feel solid, the drag is smooth and the build quality seem too notch. I can’t fault the rods or reels, they get some fair abuse and have held up extremely well.