Bait Boat for Beginners

Might want to have a little think on this baitboats are well over hyped so are fish finders yes they work but the don't add anything that your average angler hasn't already got, although if you must better to go with a known brand as they do have their problems, think the lake reaper is said to be a good un at fairish prices and they are made by a RC vehicle seller?

Be warned though myself and a guy was talking last year and we are sure boats are putting the more wary fish on guard i fish smallish waters and i think guys really are pushing it with a boat on waters under 10 acres.

10 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Might want to have a little think on this baitboats are well over hyped so are fish finders yes they work but the don't add anything that your average angler hasn't already got, although if you must better to go with a known brand as they do have their problems, think the lake reaper is said to be a good un at fairish prices and they are made by a RC vehicle seller?

Be warned though myself and a guy was talking last year and we are sure boats are putting the more wary fish on guard i fish smallish waters and i think guys really are pushing it with a boat on waters under 10 acres.

Thats mainly what I'm thinking, but a water we are both on has a few hidden overhanging trees and we know carp love under them, would be impossible cast, but a boat easy. 

1 minute ago, Big Bass said:

Iv seen the Actor boat reviews on YouTube and if I ever was going to step over to the dark side that would be my choice for a 1st boat 

That's what a mate wants, I think at moment it's the go 2 boat... Was thinking hoping halves on it? 

But since they 1st came on the scene, the price has nearly tripled on them... Seen em for £180, boat, battery, remote... Then today senn em for £280+

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've just seen this on fb thought you might be interested 

https://boatmanuk.com/product-category/boats/actor/

Oooo, just had a nosey, sent to mate see if wanna go halves... 

6 hours ago, Big Bass said:

The question is will he’ll notice there’s no Sonik name 

Aaaa, £4.49 for 24 stickers 😁Screenshot_20210301_045344.thumb.jpg.f525a49e0078b1f3ef53087eee89e808.jpg

• 7 months later...

Wouldn't Bother with an Actor Bait Boat. I have just had one of the New Ones the Pro. hopper Door issues, Wiring issues and they just don't give a stinky winky to be fair. they hid the issues well as I have had a few say they have had the same issues. I am gutted because it was a perfect boat for the budget that allowed me but Boatman UK Service is not great :( 

Spoke with Future Carping who are the original sellers for the Actors I believe  and even though they did not sell me the boat they are looking at it for me and seeing if they can get it working for me, cant remember the chaps name who is the owner but he has just charge me shipping. 

I hope they can fix it for me 

18 minutes ago, MickyLoves Fishing said:

Wouldn't Bother with an Actor Bait Boat. I have just had one of the New Ones the Pro. hopper Door issues, Wiring issues and they just don't give a stinky winky to be fair. they hid the issues well as I have had a few say they have had the same issues. I am gutted because it was a perfect boat for the budget that allowed me but Boatman UK Service is not great :( 

Spoke with Future Carping who are the original sellers for the Actors I believe  and even though they did not sell me the boat they are looking at it for me and seeing if they can get it working for me, cant remember the chaps name who is the owner but he has just charge me shipping. 

I hope they can fix it for me 

I've used my mates boat alot with him and no issues. 

I wouldn’t mind 1.