Boilie recipe advice

SamAY

Hello all,

I've read many posts in how to make my own boilies and good combinations regarding substainces. I've decided on the following recipe and would like your opinion on it( mainly for spring/summer):

500gr Blended tiger nuts

100gr blended hemp seeds

300gr semolina

300gr soya flour

200gr whey vanilla protein 

100gr honey

Mixed together with 11 eggs

I do not want use flavourings ass i prefer to rely on the natural ones of the above products.

Boil for 90 sec, afterwards air dry as freezer space is a biiiig issue.

Would love to hear your opinion on this!

4 hours ago, SamAY said:

Hello all,

I've read many posts in how to make my own boilies and good combinations regarding substainces. I've decided on the following recipe and would like your opinion on it( mainly for spring/summer):

500gr Blended tiger nuts

100gr blended hemp seeds

300gr semolina

300gr soya flour

100gr honey

I do not want use flavourings ass i prefer to rely on the natural ones of the above products.

Would love to hear your opinion on this!

I’m not an expert by any means but leave out the tiger nuts an hemp use clo and a baby milk or calf milk replacer you should find it binds nice too

Very wet don’t bind that well plus you can eat them in powder form   Try some real liver an kiwi togeather in a blender and add that with some spiralina to your base mix the spiralina helps blend the bait against bird action plus carp like it not many people make their own these days but I think it’s an edge not many use  

Just now, Carpmaster said:

Very wet don’t bind that well plus you can eat them in powder form   Try some real liver an kiwi togeather in a blender and add that with some spiralina to your base mix the spiralina helps blend the bait against bird action plus carp like it not many people make their own these days but I think it’s an edge not many use  

Get lol blooming predict txt

On 17/12/2020 at 10:04, SamAY said:

Hello all,

500gr Blended tiger nuts

100gr blended hemp seeds

300gr semolina

300gr soya flour

100gr honey

Would love to hear your opinion on 

Do you mean crushed hemp and tiger nut meal or are you grinding up prepared hemp and tigers? 

Edited by emmcee

14 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

You want to make at least 20%of your mix wheat germ this aids digestion plus make it as nutritious as possible if it’s good for them and they can digest it they’re going to eat it

I'd use wheatgerm in winter maybe but not in spring/summer which is when the op intends on using this bait. 

5 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I'd use wheatgerm in winter maybe but not in spring/summer which is when the op intends on using this bait. 

Wheat germ should be used all yr it aids the carps digestion they haven’t got the best digestive system so all you can do to aid it would be a reason for them to eat it !!if it is nutritional for them then all the more reason to eat it 

I can think of very few baits I used wheat germ or wheat gluten in. It breaks many baits down too quickly. Carp don't have stomachs, so ANY bait just gets pushed through anyway. 

As for the original recipe, mix and match, explore and learn, but don't be surprised if it turns out as a slush.

You need dry ingredients, blending them up won't give you a 'flour' unless you really go for a long time and in the case of tigers, is a good way of killing your grinder. You can buy and use ground hemp, but again, it is not easy to use as it is oily. 

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I can think of very few baits I used wheat germ or wheat gluten in. It breaks many baits down too quickly. Carp don't have stomachs, so ANY bait just gets pushed through anyway. 

As for the original recipe, mix and match, explore and learn, but don't be surprised if it turns out as a slush.

You need dry ingredients, blending them up won't give you a 'flour' unless you really go for a long time and in the case of tigers, is a good way of killing your grinder. You can buy and use ground hemp, but again, it is not easy to use as it is oily. 

Through my own personal experience bait with wheat germ in are eaten by the carp readily I’ve seen their reaction with my own eyes and this was alongside a main company’s bait    A carp has 3 stomachs actually it’s just they’re not that good food passes through to fast they’re lucky if they absorb 50%of nutrients that they eat

3 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Through my own personal experience bait with wheat germ in are eaten by the carp readily I’ve seen their reaction with my own eyes and this was alongside a main company’s bait    A carp has 3 stomachs actually it’s just they’re not that good food passes through to fast they’re lucky if they absorb 50%of nutrients that they eat

Please, carp do NOT have a stomach, I am positive because I know my biology, they have a continuous intestine which digests the food as it passes it through. 

The more they eat, the faster it goes through, so as fast as they swallow, it will come out the rear end, a continuous stream. 

28 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Please, carp do NOT have a stomach, I am positive because I know my biology, they have a continuous intestine which digests the food as it passes it through. 

The more they eat, the faster it goes through, so as fast as they swallow, it will come out the rear end, a continuous stream. 

I’m only giving advice from others and am passing on what I’ve been told about boilie making nothing else as for the stomach of a carp again previous advice I was told they have a intestine with like three pockets in but they’re not that good at nutritional extraction that’s why they have to eat so much. Wheat germ aids this process   Easy for they guy to check put it to the test an let everyone know the results 

8 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I honestly couldn't think of a bait from the main bait companies that contains wheatgerm (not that I know all the baits if coarse). And let's face it most if not all of the main stay baits are readily accepted by the carp. I know the koi industry use wheatgerm within some of their coldwater feed and yes it is an ingredient that is used to help digestion, especially in coldwater mixes. With the endless list of pre-digested and enzyme treated ingredients though the carp can break down bait very easily. The only baits they really struggle to break down are out and out milk protein baits (I know as I've used them. Add a bit of digestive enzyme to it though and it goes through them like a hot knife through butter). 

19 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I honestly couldn't think of a bait from the main bait companies that contains wheatgerm (not that I know all the baits if coarse). And let's face it most if not all of the main stay baits are readily accepted by the carp. I know the koi industry use wheatgerm within some of their coldwater feed and yes it is an ingredient that is used to help digestion, especially in coldwater mixes. With the endless list of pre-digested and enzyme treated ingredients though the carp can break down bait very easily. The only baits they really struggle to break down are out and out milk protein baits (I know as I've used them. Add a bit of digestive enzyme to it though and it goes through them like a hot knife through butter). 

My baits are a milk protein mostly 

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

My baits are a milk protein mostly 

Believe it or not, one of the least useable proteins for carp, unless as @emmcee says, you add an additional enzyme. (Bengers anyone?)

Personally I think that as carp are omnivorous, able to eat both vegetable and meat matter (within constraints), a meat or fish protein is the best at supplying all the essential amino acids, although there is one non meat and strictly speaking, not vegetable, that contains every essential amino acid.