Polish Carp ( Polski )

Carpbell_ll

Few guys that are on the bait team at CCB are over in Poland and i got to say i am liking the mirrors they are catching, got that bulky muscle look to them with out being too torpedo shaped.

spacer.png

There are a few like the one above is that what would be called a Polish carp found in most waters in Poland? No this ain't a plug for my bait, i just like the big leathery belly draggier carp.

14 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Few guys that are on the bait team at CCB are over in Poland and i got to say i am liking the mirrors they are catching, got that bulky muscle look to them with out being too torpedo shaped.

spacer.png

There are a few like the one above is that what would be called a Polish carp found in most waters in Poland? No this ain't a plug for my bait, i just like the big leathery belly draggier carp.

Is that carpy Co? I used there bait for a bit last year 

13 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Is that carpy Co? I used there bait for a bit last year 

If you like 😀 no plugs thread... no it's Coventry Carp Baits, they are a bait rolling company that do stuff to order as well as their own in-house bait.

That fish is from a carp water called Goslawice? looks like a nice water, just wondering what the typical mirror carp of Poland would be if there is such a thing,  What would the UK have that is a comparable breed line, Simmo, Dinton, lennys, that sort of thing. 

Edited by Carpbell_ll

5 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

If you like 😀 no plugs thread... no it's Coventry Carp Baits, they are a bait rolling company that do stuff to order as well as their own in-house bait.

That fish is from a carp water called Goslawice? looks like a nice water, just wondering what the typical mirror carp of Poland would be if there is such a thing,  What would the UK have that is a comparable breed line, Simmo, Dinton, lennys, that sort of thing. 

No its not the same then, i think you are allowed to say which bait you use can't you? 

Does look a nice fish though looks a bit Italian to me but I am not expert on strains, I'm like cillit bang better on stains 😁

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Galician. It is the strain that started it all for us. Donald Leney imported a bunch and the rest is history.

Yonny,

The Poles have actually started their own breeding program, back in the 1970's, and have moved away from the original Galician strain.

Males were collected from the Vistula, and females from Golys, they are now into the 5th generation (breeding years 1973, 75, 86, 90 and 93), to improve the growth rate. Standard colour is yellowish brown with mostly irregular mirror scaling.

Since the rise of carp fishing, and farming (for food and fishing), many European countries have gotten into carp breeding.