Is 30 degrees too hot for fishing?

MortalFishbat

Hi guys. I'm very new to fishing and went  for the first time recently, I think I made the mistake of thinking a great sunny day would equal good fishing and the hotter the better. The temperature hit over 30 degrees. Neither me or a single person I could see or talked to got anything other than a tan. That by itself would be fine, except carp were happily swimming on the top ignoring anything on or below the surface they seemed to have no interest in feeding. I moved to a swim with a load of trees offering shade on the water so I tried using a waggler to catch roach, perch or anything really just wanted my first fish and still nothing. 

I'm meant to be going again on Thursday the only day I'll be able to do for a while and I'm just wondering if it is worth it as it is once again forecast to be 28-30. I'm sort of stuck between really wanting to give it a crack and feeling like I'd be silly to go. Is it worth trying?

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Never go by the weather they do feed on the hottest days on the bottom sometimes, late evening is best this time of year but you never know what they might do until you fish for them. you can also try feeding the smaller fish the bigger ones might just get in on it. 

Thanks mate. I'll give it go hopefully I get better luck than last time.

3 hours ago, yonny said:

30+ degrees will make it very difficult on the vast majority of waters, simple fact buddy.

I did some googling after this and high temp does seem to be bad. This Thursday it looks like it'll be high 20s around Farlows where I'm going. Unfortunately the bait is brought and I'm committed as the next time I'm free to go is September. I decided I'd rather go and blank than not have gone at all. I'll probably regret that when I'm a red sweating mess on Thursday with no fish :).

Ah well worst things than been out in the sun. Maybe I'll even be lucky and get one or two. 

7 minutes ago, yonny said:

Spot on mate. Like you, I have don't get to pick and choose when I go so I'll go regardless of what the weather is doing. It'll be hard going mate, but not impossible.👍

A couple of lads had 3 between them off the top on Kingy to 46 I believe on scorching hot Friday afternoon whilst I was setting up - inspiring!

Need to refresh my floater skills 👍