Understanding rigs for beginners

Dazgunner

53 minutes ago, Dazgunner said:

Im brand new to fishing with rigs. Please help. I've bought an IQ D rig. Its finished with a swivel on the hook. How to i put on my bollie or pop onto a swivel?

Starting off brand new, rigs can be a mind field. 

The very best starter rig would be a standard hair rig for all occasions. 

It wod be easy to say, but YouTube vids would give a good example. 

Thanks bud. I've been doing standard hair rigs. There quite easy. I wanted to up my game tho. So I bought a load of different ones all ready made  

This IQ D rig with a swivel on the hook is baffling me. If i ho on you tube vids. All I get is a technical how to tie them

Thanks anyway

5 minutes ago, Dazgunner said:

Thanks bud. I've been doing standard hair rigs. There quite easy. I wanted to up my game tho. So I bought a load of different ones all ready made  

This IQ D rig with a swivel on the hook is baffling me. If i ho on you tube vids. All I get is a technical how to tie them

Watch from vid from about 5.20... Didn't know was a foreign vid haha

Edited by Highy

Just now, Dazgunner said:

Ok, yes I've also bought the ronnie rig, with bait screw. That's easy how to attach the bollie or the pop up. 

I will try this

Never heard of the loop to loop rig tho

I use korda boom and make a loop on either end and krimp in place forming a loop on either end.... 

Then with some stripped back braid tie a knotless not with the braid doubled... Cut off the hair and replace with bait screw and bead. 

28 minutes ago, Dazgunner said:

Really appreciate that. Yes it is all foreign. 

Although its the right rig, it hasn't got the swivel finished on the hook. So its not what I need.

Thanks tho bud

Don’t worry about what swivel type you have.the principle is still the same

Can you not post a photo or link to the rig so we can see what you Actually have 

we are all guessing atm Lol

the video posted before shows how to attach to the swivel at 5 minutes 20

what you are suggesting you have is this 

image.jpeg.be1c459e39a52daf4771a25fe7657e51.jpeg

Edited by framey

14 minutes ago, Dazgunner said:

Do I just push swivel thro?

Use your baiting needle to make a hole and then pull the swivel into the bait, might need a small loop of line or a bait band to fit a hairstop to.

What is the black line with the crimp on? in the ronnie hook picture 

Edited by Carpbell_ll

8 minutes ago, Dazgunner said:

So I put some sort of band on the swivel, do I can use a bait stop?

Is that correct

Yes, you will need a a little loop popping out the bait to take a bait stop, or your pop up will pop off, nothing worse than bringing a rig in that has no bait on it.

4 hours ago, Dazgunner said:

Im brand new to fishing with rigs. Please help. I've bought an IQ D rig. Its finished with a swivel on the hook. How to i put on my bollie or pop onto a swivel?

I was going to make a comment before reading your last post, I'm glad I held back for a change😖😉

My honest answer is many rigs are sold just to sell more tackle for tackle brands, and confuse anglers, however you have a genuine reason for buying ready made rigs.

I would still buy just a standard line aligned hair rig for bottom baits or D-rig for pop-ups.

There are a couple of ways of attaching bait to the swivel:

Put a pop-up or bottom boilie on a baiting needle, A pellet band through the swivel, then the pellet band through itself, then put the boilie on the band and stop it with a boilie stop.

Or you could tie a pop-up to it.