Fish Location In This Hot Weather

crusian

Hello everyone .

I know Yonny is going to say " fish where the fish are " , but what if I am weak and feeble , and don't want to spend 3 hours like Ginger walking the lake looking for signs of fish ? .

I'm thinking of concentrating on the deeper water as I'm thinking it will be more oxygenated ( I've noticed that the last 2 fish I've caught and released in the shallow water near the bank are taking longer to recover than usual .

Also at night what is the weed doing ? , i.e. giving or taking oxygen ? .

Ta .

😃

53 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello everyone .

I know Yonny is going to say " fish where the fish are " , but what if I am weak and feeble , and don't want to spend 3 hours like Ginger walking the lake looking for signs of fish ? .

I'm thinking of concentrating on the deeper water as I'm thinking it will be more oxygenated ( I've noticed that the last 2 fish I've caught and released in the shallow water near the bank are taking longer to recover than usual .

Also at night what is the weed doing ? , i.e. giving or taking oxygen ? .

Ta .

😃

open water I would find a prominent place where I can see a lot of water in a short space of time And break it up into a couple of sections

make a quick brew or watch for 20 mins or so then move to another spot and do the same.

but check under the snags whilst walking to the above areas

in this weather I would be checking these spots thoroughly first on the side where the sun is actually hitting the water Just keep moving around and follow the sun 

if this side is shallower then even better I think  fish are no different to us .they want the warmth on their bones but when it gets too uncomfortable want some shade To get out of it.

At night weed is taking oxygen 

Edited by framey

16 hours ago, crusian said:

Weed is taking oxygen at night but giving it during the day. If you can find a spot near the heaviest weed it's generally a good bet come bite time (evenings/mornings).

Ya lazy git!🤣😉

On 16/06/2020 at 09:38, yonny said:

Weed is taking oxygen at night but giving it during the day. If you can find a spot near the heaviest weed it's generally a good bet come bite time (evenings/mornings).

Ya lazy git!🤣😉

Well I headed to the shallows which had been the weediest part of the lake , ( before a lot of the weed was removed ) , after having a bit of a stroll around the rest of the lake - and I caught ! .

So thank you very much  Framey , and Yonny  .

Now which one of you gentlemen would like to push my barrow round to my swim for me ? .

😁

On 15/06/2020 at 17:29, framey said:

open water I would find a prominent place where I can see a lot of water in a short space of time And break it up into a couple of sections

make a quick brew or watch for 20 mins or so then move to another spot and do the same.

but check under the snags whilst walking to the above areas

in this weather I would be checking these spots thoroughly first on the side where the sun is actually hitting the water Just keep moving around and follow the sun 

if this side is shallower then even better I think  fish are no different to us .they want the warmth on their bones but when it gets too uncomfortable want some shade To get out of it.

At night weed is taking oxygen 

14 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well I headed to the shallows which had been the weediest part of the lake , ( before a lot of the weed was removed ) , after having a bit of a stroll around the rest of the lake - and I caught ! .

So thank you very much  Framey , and Yonny  .

Now which one of you gentlemen would like to push my barrow round to my swim for me ? .

😁

I’m my own worst enemy 

I know where the fish are going to be, even tell the mrs exactly where to cast. but I never listen to myself