BMG Tackle any good?

45 minutes ago, framey said:

Are the hooks the “same” as every other brand?

im sure you know what I mean by that didn’t sound it to be assy 

Nope I know what you mean and yeah they probably are 😁

But they do have quite a variety square, round, long, curvy ones and all hand checked and reasonably priced 🤣

Is there a particular pattern you're looking at @elmoputney?

Ultimately most hooks are pretty good quality nowadays, especially when you sharpen them yourself. The pattern is the important bit.

That said I still stick to what I consider to be decent brands. I have tried some of the cheaper hooks and found they can be inconsistent.

I've not tried the BMG gear. One of the chaps that runs BMG was on a syndi with me for a while, didn't get to know him though, he fished week days where I generally fished weekends.

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Is there a particular pattern you're looking at @elmoputney?

Ultimately most hooks are pretty good quality nowadays, especially when you sharpen them yourself. The pattern is the important bit.

That said I still stick to what I consider to be decent brands. I have tried some of the cheaper hooks and found they can be inconsistent.

I've not tried the BMG gear. One of the chaps that runs BMG was on a syndi with me for a while, didn't get to know him though, he fished week days where I generally fished weekends.

Not really I quite like the look of there square pattern ones and the CSR and I quite like the look of the curve long shanks (but I have trig Hammers to try and they look lovely ) 

Those round krank type ones still look a bit futuristic for me 😁