Free Spirit CTX or Shimano TX 7

I believe the Freespirit CTX was rated as one of the very best in it's price range in one of those tackle testing features, it may have won it outright but not 100% sure - the old memory is going.  I'd go Freespirit over Shimano, although that's based on reputation not personal experience.

Edited by kevtaylor

6 hours ago, greekskii said:

Freespirit CTX is an exceptional rod. I know loads of guys using them. I would but the styling is not for me. Abbreviated handles and the x-wrap design on the blank puts me off. 

I've seen a Matt finish version of them somewhere but there wasn't any pics which was a shame because I know what you mean, I think it was Johnson Ross ? 

6 hours ago, greekskii said:

just seems like instead of the glossy finish the x wrap has a matt finish. the pictures dont even show it that well as its all photoshoot stuff, not on the bank/in someones hands photos. 

I wasn't convinced they were the real deal I did a Google search for them and couldn't find any real decent images of them, I thought that was strange as I would think they would sell well these days