Building up again recommendations

9 minutes ago, RFCARP92 said:

Good evening all, 

I had my gear all stolen around 8 months ago now, I’m looking to build a kit up again if somebody could recommend me some good reels, rods, pods etc and bivvies at reasonable prices. 

Cheers

tight lines 

Depending on your budget / what you had last time ??

Sonik do a 3 for 2 (150)on there Vader X rods...they also do 3 rod 3 reel and net Vader Xoffer (£269)...3 Alarms reciver and bivvy light (£129)...day shelter (£60).

Basically im a Sonik man too...they aint top of the Range (Fox, Delkim) but not cheap too (NGT, Advanta)they are an inbrtween...Also lifetime guarantee when registered with Sonik.

I had a real good set up last time dude daiwa infinity rods etc the list goes on about £2500 worth of kit was stolen out of my locked up garage!. 

But I haven’t got that kind of money to spend again but I can’t keep away from the bank any longer haha. 

This time round I’ve got about 650 to get myself a set up to start with then build and change it all about when I can if you get me. 

I have been looking at some sonik rods do they do any 10ft rods? 

17 hours ago, RFCARP92 said:

I had a real good set up last time dude daiwa infinity rods etc the list goes on about £2500 worth of kit was stolen out of my locked up garage!. 

But I haven’t got that kind of money to spend again but I can’t keep away from the bank any longer haha. 

This time round I’ve got about 650 to get myself a set up to start with then build and change it all about when I can if you get me. 

I have been looking at some sonik rods do they do any 10ft rods? 

I've got the 10ft Vader's tbh if you don't need to cast to the moon they are good for the money, but if you can a 12 ft set may make make a better all rounder,I did see some Shimano tx1's on offer last night at a good price on one of the big sites they looked nice, not used them though 

I have quite a lot of ngt luggage and find it quite good enough for what I need, it's robust, cheap and will carry your stuff, cyprinus do good reasonably priced brollys and bedchairs,

But Facebook market place seems to have some good deals on second hand bits too so well worth looking there also 

• 2 weeks later...

Evening lads, I don’t need anything to cast too far tbh on the lakes I’ll be fishing usually around 15-17 wraps out... I’ve brought myself just a little set to get me started again, I picked up a sonik xtractor set 9ft 3LB tc 2 rods, 2 VADERX 5000fs reels and the 2piece 42” landing net, also got a set of AD alarms and receiver, and a caperlan bivvy with wrap which will do me for now just need a good sleep system now and I’ll be able to get out pretty much fingers crossed 👌

What you think of them? 

Yeah well that’s what I used to fish but I doubt I’ll be fishing that lake as it’s abit out of my way tbh and I also don’t want to fish pressured waters really. So probably won’t need to fish no where near that. 

Im looking for a decent syndicate around the West Midlands area

7 minutes ago, RFCARP92 said:

What you think of them? 

Yeah well that’s what I used to fish but I doubt I’ll be fishing that lake as it’s abit out of my way tbh and I also don’t want to fish pressured waters really. So probably won’t need to fish no where near that. 

Im looking for a decent syndicate around the West Midlands area

Generally I like them tbh they do most I want the only thing like I said is the casting distance but it's not really bothered me yet, I do enjoy playing fish on them tbh and at aborter ranges they are a joy to use 

Can't help you with that neck of the woods tbh but good luck finding one 

1 hour ago, Old school said:

just think before you buy, most people will try and buy cheap only to upgrade to what they really wanted (needed) 6 months down the line,

Yeah I have done a bit of thinking to be honest before I bought the sonik XTRACTOR set up. I’m pretty happy with it I will soon find out more when I use it ey 😂.

there is always something to upgrade anyway so not too fussed on that but I want to do some winter fishing this year and this little set up is easy to pack down and keep mobile very quickly I guess.