Fishing 2/3 rods on one spot

Lumeymorris

Hi Guys just got back from France and have a question for ya! Well I found a nice big spot, big enough for three rods easy so I started with one rod on the spot until I caught and then added another rod and caught again off the new rod so I ended up putting all three rods on it which isn’t something I normally do I like to have three rods scattered about fishing different spots at different depths but none of the other spots were producing which is why I ended up putting the three on the same spot. But now all my bites came at night which made getting the rod back out that bit harder always uncertain if it’s on the spot or not, so after every fish I put the rod straight back out as it seemed to be only the left rod popping off even though the middle rod was only 6ft away I didn’t want to take any chances! But on the last night I caught at 2am and didn’t bother putting the rod back out as we were leaving that morning and with having two other rods on the spot I still had every chance of bagging another and to my surprise I did! Which left me thinking did I mess up by putting the rod back out after the other fish earlier in the week!?!

What’s your opinions on this???

Maybe the fish were entering the baited area from left to right so they picked up the left rod first.

When that rod wasn't put back then the middle and right rods came into play.

You'd think all have an equal chance but it depends on what I've said above.

If they pick up bait from the left side they are chewing that whilst passing the middle and right rods, probably why people talk about a spot within a spot.

What you could have done is move the right rod over to the far left possibly giving you more quick takes.

Just a theory 👍

As Kev mentions, there can be a spot within a spot. I have had rods very close to each other, yet one rod produced all the action, again the left hand rod from 3.

The left rod was cast to a showing fish, the middle around 2/3 metres away. It was only the left hand rod that produced 4 carp, nothing on the others.

I've seen carp entering an area, always coming in from a particular direction. If you create a baited area it would be the first rod they come to that produced, take that away the next in the line would go as they worked along.

Not every water, or even swim is the same.

On Brackens, a swim named Suicide, the gravel bar threequarters across, fish came up the bar anywhere along from the weed and trough behind it. Yet the margins to the left, the fish always swam along the margin (when an angler was in the swim) from the left, never from the right.

On the Central, if you were lucky enough to get multiple takes (a rarity), the fish tended to work their way along the main bars from the North or South. The first rod they found was what you got takes on. Even though the South was joined to the Central,  there was no pattern as to where the fish approached from, and it was the same fish able to swim through both lakes.