Carping Adventures A.K.A. Marc Westenberg

davew

If you have booked a holiday with this company/person for 2019 or the following year(s), sorry to tell you that you have probably lost your money, the man in question has done a runner and the Dutch police have apparently issued an arrest warrant. There is a thread on the carpforum.co.uk which provides more information and the carping adventures website was still up as of yesterday. It would be a good idea if you contact the lake owner direct to see if your money was forwarded to him, but from what I have read from a lot of sources, I doubt it!! There is talk that the guilty party has misappropriated over 220k. Disgusting!!

My mate nearly paid 8k for a session on Lake Sumbar, he only dropped out because this fella added an additional 2k to his invoice, above the agreed price without warning.

An amazing piece of luck on his part to swerve this fraud.

By the sound of it this guy will be a dead man, had the kicking of a lifetime and now fled to China or wherever, his family have already had nasty visitors so he better come home and face the music.

• 1 month later...

To all that have been scammed by Carp Adventures we are offering a discount on any bookings taken by this company! We at WWW.carpescapes.com have signed with the President of Lake Sumbar (Croatia) and taken on the fishing rights for the lake! We have a number of excellent lakes on our site! Come check us out and have a look at how a real fishing holiday company works. Your booking is secure!

Carpescapes.com