Local park lake

salokcinnodrog

Not a soul on the park lake today.

I think an Environment Agency visit this week catching a few local anglers who thought it was worth the risk of not having a licence might have put them off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

49 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Not a soul on the park lake today.

I think an Environment Agency visit this week catching a few local anglers who thought it was worth the risk of not having a licence might have put them off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yesterday while i was on bank...2 police ifficers turned up in an unmarked car and asked a few lads some details...well thought it was E.A at first...usually sometimes they follow with the Police.

8 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Is there any fish left in it? I know there are lots of EE in Ipswich. The park lakes I used to fish are now empty. EE and otters had the lot

I know of at least one carp, I was sat talking to a mate who was catching roach the other day when a carp spooked as his float hit the water.

I was looking up at the end behind the island in the rushes to see if any were hiding up there (see https://forum.carp.com/topic/25170-really/?tab=comments#comment-333589 ) but the usual suspects weren't on top taking debris. 

I did find a dead mid double two weeks ago, (pic on my facebook), floating near the bank, but it was complete, no sign of predation by furries.

I haven't seen any otter signs around there, even though it is about a mile from the river. This maybe because it is busy, plenty of dog walkers, and normally an idiot fishing or two, with the occasional sensible genuine angler.

The worst of the stock going missing was local idiots, one of whom runs a local 'bait company', moving fish into Barham A pit. When A Pit was sold and the syndicate dissolved they totally lost the fish as the new owner put up a more expensive genuine price after making his waters safe.

Eastern Europeans I have seen on there do tend to get a bit nervous around a guy dressed in combats with a big dog; for some reason Sky gets aggressive and barks at Romanians. They have had a few fish, some of the bigger pike are missing, I can't say what carp because of the previous paragraph.

I've been on at the council regarding the rubbish, overflowing bins, and fishing rubbish left on the bank, fires and the like, get replies back, but only the overflowing bins have been obviously dealt with, or maybe it was council rangers advising about people fishing and the EA sent their bailiff down.