fisheries in near Nuneaton

Hi everyone, due to work am moving from Dorset to the midlands - near Nuneaton (also near Coventry, Leicester and Birmingham in this order).

Does anyone know any good day ticket waters, clubs or even syndicates around here that are worth joining? Looking for anywhere that holds a decent number of 20's or better.

Many thanks

Andy

You've got Seeswood pool ( about 17 acres ) in Nuneaton it's near Arbury hall, not too sure on the stock but i think the biggest in there is around 27lb.

Then there's the Little pit in Hinckley which is close to Nuneaton, there's probably 6 twenties in there, the biggest being around the 24lb mark and all the other fish are mid to high doubles.

It's not very big though, anymore than 4 people on at the weekends and it's stitched up.

Not sure what's out Cov' way but if you do a search on "Willesley" (about 20 acres )which is not too far from Nuneaton you'll get loads of hits. This place seems to be getting really busy though as it's a day ticket water with a good head of twenties. It's done a thirty in the past but i think it's always a scraper.

Seleb.

Lakeside Nr Hinckley off junc 1 of M69. Follow signs for Wolvey and its half a mile on the left. Few 20's, lots of doubles. Hopsford Hall is that way on and has a website to look at for more info. Willesley is good but as mentioned weekends are toooo busy. Definately worth a go mid week though as loads of 20's in there. Also Cuttle Mill for some real whackers but I've got to be honest I've not done so well on the few times I've been here and never very keen on having to draw for a swim. Plenty for you to go at mate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There's always phase 1 lake 1 at Makins if you want plenty of action, although the 20's and 30's they rekon are in there must be very shy (or they dont like my bait!).

As somebody else has mentioned, Lakeside and Hopsford both hold decent fish, but can be quite tricky to get out.

There's also a specimin pool at Groby fisheries, which is a very nice lake with some nice fish up to 30 odd, but again I've always found it hard going (4 blanks, and one night/day session with 1 fish between 4 of us). saying that, I have seen some very nice fish come out of there, and they have all been in very good condition. Fisheries.co.uk page has details of that and others.

Clifton lakes on the A5 is similar to Makins, in that there are loads of fish and you'll almost be garunteed alot of action, but the bloke who runs it is a tit and the fish are not in very good condition. I've had just under 20's several times, and know some bigger fish have come out to mates who fish there.

I've only recently moved up here too, well september last year and the fishing has been great. Even days at Makin's phase 2 lagoon lake are excellent fun, especially with all the barbel and tench in there.

delamere fishery in ridge lane , only couple of miles from nuneaton. small pool day ticket with good head of twenties. sheepy lake with plenty of small carp (3 to 5 pounds) and frizelands pool near market bosworth, carp aplenty to around 10 pound and bigger.

and theres mineral lakes up near the ricoh arena its actually in bedworth but you can see the ricoh. theres alot of fish in there including sturgeon, ive had one at 23lb 4oz and ive seen a 31lb common come out but apparentley they grow bigger

• 1 year later...
and theres mineral lakes up near the ricoh arena its actually in bedworth but you can see the ricoh. theres alot of fish in there including sturgeon, ive had one at 23lb 4oz and ive seen a 31lb common come out but apparentley they grow bigger

Matt . do you have a more definate location for Mineral lakes

cheers

My name isn't matt but hey ho!

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=52.471632~-1.45976&style=h&lvl=17&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Never fished it myself as it's not my cup of tea but someone from my club water fishes it regularly, it has plenty of big fish in there though with a few 30s upto 38lbs

I'm pretty sure that's the water in the above link, although i've never been there before i've heard it's a muddy barren hole in the ground stocked with instant big fish for instant carpers, so seems to fit the bill perfectly :wink:

tongue firmly in cheek

is Jubilee day ticket? thought it was members only?

had a walk round that muddy hole today3 guys fishing it only had one fish between them 14 pounder apparently the place gets hammered at the weekends and is only 5 foot deep all overis pretty open and raised higher than the fields surrounding it so was pretty windy there, might give it a go next year in the summer but think I will leave it for now

you have to buy a lemington aa book, the owner of the lakes carries them so you can buy 1 off him on the bank (i know he used to carry them anyway), you then pay £3.50 (i think) each time you fish.

there are 2 lakes, 1st 1 you'll come to is the main carp lake, it holds a good number of carp with catches of 10 -15+ fish quite easy on a good day. the record for that lake is just over 30lb.

then at the back of that lake you have a smaller horseshoe lake, which is more favoured for the pole fisherman, but it still holds fish up to 25+ and is a great little stalking lake.

• 7 months later...

i fished weston lawns on bank hol monday.....carp were spawning everywhere and just wernt feeding, instead got plagued by the big head of skimmers taking practically any bait i threw out including boilies! at least 15 times i had the alarms go only to strike into another skimmer

was at hopesford hall on sunday afternoon, also spawning there too...though a 12lb common off the top prevented a blank.

thinking of fishing holyhurst speci lake tommorow as its less than 5 mins from where i live...heard good things about it from a few people now.