Decent venue for a few runs

Hi,

Got a mate travelling back to the country who I used to fish with a few years back. Looking at doing 3 nights at the end of April.

Can anyone suggest anywhere that is good for a few bites but also with some larger fish, ideally a well ran day ticket with a shop/cafe onsite? Will travel anywhere in UK.

We usually go Farlows but fancy somewhere different, been looking at Fenland or Bluebell?

Thanks,

James

5 minutes ago, yonny said:

Linch Hill? They have a cafe and awesome stock of kippers.

Unfortunately big fish waters don't tend to do loads of bites unless you go to an overstocked commercial mate.

Yeah had a look at Linch, looks like a decent fishery. Don't really fish day tickets myself so never sure where to take my mate when he flys over.

Cheers for the reply!

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I've been fishing on vermuyden at fenland fisheries recently I should think by April the fish will be properly mobile again a guy had a 31lb er out last thursday , never fished willow but apparently you need to book early 

Yeah I like the look of that lake to be fair. How are the pegs situated, are they close together or are their any doubles? Is a bit of a social/catchup so would be good to not be too far away!

6 hours ago, jamescain12 said:

Hi,

Got a mate travelling back to the country who I used to fish with a few years back. Looking at doing 3 nights at the end of April.

Can anyone suggest anywhere that is good for a few bites but also with some larger fish, ideally a well ran day ticket with a shop/cafe onsite? Will travel anywhere in UK.

We usually go Farlows but fancy somewhere different, been looking at Fenland or Bluebell?

Thanks,

James

Have you looked at Suffolk Water Park?

On the edge of Ipswich, just off the A14 and A12. Bex Tackle shop and cafe onsite.

It has been throwing up fish at the moment on the Traditional and Big Fish lake.

3 hours ago, jamescain12 said:

Yeah I like the look of that lake to be fair. How are the pegs situated, are they close together or are their any doubles? Is a bit of a social/catchup so would be good to not be too far away!

Yeah should be fairly easy for a social with a few swims Not sure about the cafe he is rebuilding the shop at the moment doesn't look very open at the moment though and still in need of a refurb, there are takeaways that deliver though, 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah should be fairly easy for a social with a few swims Not sure about the cafe he is rebuilding the shop at the moment doesn't look very open at the moment though and still in need of a refurb, there are takeaways that deliver though, 

Nice one will probably give it a go, just checked the rules and says no further than 30 metres off your rods, seems a bit far to me but should at least allow for me to be in the next swim!

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Have you looked at Suffolk Water Park?

On the edge of Ipswich, just off the A14 and A12. Bex Tackle shop and cafe onsite.

It has been throwing up fish at the moment on the Traditional and Big Fish lake.

I have heard good things but I have never considered it, is it public access or private?