Spider Spod

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:40, dayvid said:

Watched the vid , another Spomb varient seems to work ok , will it last though ????  

Personally I love the TFG Airbomb 

whats the airbomb like dayvid ?

ive been looking for something to spread boilies out at 120+ yards, how wide is the spread on release ?

On 30/12/2018 at 18:12, Highy said:

Spider Spod...

Explanations Please....any 1 ever seen.

My mate has a couple. They are decent lads - open every time. A little heavy but that can help with light baits (pellets, maggots etc).

9 minutes ago, harpz_31 said:

whats the airbomb like dayvid ?

ive been looking for something to spread boilies out at 120+ yards, how wide is the spread on release ?

You'll struggle at 120 mate. They don't cast very well at all. I loved the look of these when they came out but they're not all that. 

About as far as I have been is around 80yds , its a pain on retrieve if you dont wind in as soon as you hit the water , because the rear end dips under the water , but people I believe have stuck small pieces of buoyant foam in the rear as this solves the problem .

I dont use it in the winter as I tend to fish for one fish at a time , but in the summer I love the way you can spread the bait around , hit the clip lower to the water for a tighter spread ,higher for a larger spread .

I does take a while to get use to it and how best to use it , so its a bit of a learning curve to start with , but once you know what you are doing and what it is capable of IMO I think its brilliant.

120 yds I think is a big ask, and until I try it yonny is probably right .

• 2 weeks later...

Got one of these on order. Should have it in the next week or so. My mate has one. Very decent and open every time upon impact, even though magnets seem too strong when you try open it on your hand. 

I never spomb/spod during winter so I won’t be using it until March when I start prepping spots for spring. Although I might have a play one session before that. 

8 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Got one of these on order. Should have it in the next week or so. My mate has one. Very decent and open every time upon impact, even though magnets seem too strong when you try open it on your hand. 

I never spomb/spod during winter so I won’t be using it until March when I start prepping spots for spring. Although I might have a play one session before that. 

You'll probably be the 1st on here with 1...have to give us a review on em...probably be another spod/spomb soon ready for spring (Korda or Fox will be in it).

Edited by Highy

Arrived today. Just had my little boy grab it and play with it so I can say it’s durable! 

Interestingly we filled it with some small toys and dropped it so it opened up. Which it did every time without fail. I then dropped it empty from the same height and it didn’t open. So it must operate on weight or something. Interesting find though. I even threw it on the floor and got the same results. 

Looks well made and can’t wait to give it some proper use.