Korda krimps or wychwood version

7 minutes ago, carpyian said:

I'm thinking of getting one of these but don't know what one to buy any info greatful guys 

They are pretty much the same buddy...….. I bought the Korda version a while back (Although it is just gathering dust now)……. They sting you on the price of the krimps, but even with their own krimps, they can sometimes slip in the pliers and not crush down properly. So, with that in mind, if you do purchase some crimping pliers, you can get the same quality and size krimps on line for much cheaper.

I used to use crimps for mono rigs sea fishing, if I ever had a rig go, it was at the crimp. I ended up tying my rigs again.

I now only crimp my pike wire traces and I use an electrical suppliers crimping tool with the trace wire manufacturers recommended crimps.

My choice, is go back to knots and swivels, quick links and loop knots if you must😉

1 hour ago, carpyian said:

So I'm better off just using knots and not be lazy 😀

Yes... save your £12-£15...…. They are quite a chunky, heavy item to have in your tackle box, especially when you won't use them much.... I bought mine to attach choddies quicker (in theory)… But tbh, when you got cold fingers and the light ain't great, it's probably easier to tie them.... I've spilt a few krimps and crimped them badly too in some cases...….. 

4 hours ago, carpyian said:

I'm thinking of getting one of these but don't know what one to buy any info greatful guys 

4 hours ago, carpyian said:

I have the Korda and Wychwood crimping pliers, I prefer the Wychwood, as the jaw width is narrower, and doesn’t crimp the ends of the crimps, which can and does sometimes cause cutting. I like the crimps as they allow very short lengths to be looped, which can prove tricky with knots. My rigs are a mixture of tied and crimped, and I have no issues. The secret with crimping, is to use the smallest diameter crimp possible for the material you’re crimping. I also use a fly tying vice for tying up, or crimping rigs, it makes the job much easier, especially the intricate stuff. 👍🏻

12 hours ago, B.C. said:

I bought mine to attach choddies quicker (in theory)… 

10 hours ago, chillfactor said:

I find the side cutters on the pliers useful for cutting hooks when needed .... but haven't used it for crimping at all lol 

This is like deja vu lol.....

I also bough them for choddies but never got round to using them....... and like Chill the only thing I ever used them for was cutting...... rings off swivels in my case.