Yeah ok another post about delkims ....

Have been using mine for years and have never so much as skipped a beat when it has been raining ..although I have heard all the horror storys..was fishing Sunday in a near on monsoon ...now I wiped down my alarms as usual  put on the hard cases and put in my holdall as I do  at the end of every session ..now in past when it has been raining I have always dried them in the airing cupboard once home ..but this one time I forgot to and left in my bag  .any how I came to use them again yesterday and when I switched them on one of them was constantly beeping and the latch  light was on constantly ..now i dried it out  on the bank and by end of the session it was working fine again ....

Now it has happend once I am going to send to delkim to get it re proofed..as I want to minimise the risk of it happening again 

Also need the battery connector replacing as it had corroded and I had to snip the old one  off at the wires and re place with one I bought on line but only way to do this was to twist the wires together and tape it so I want that doing while they have it ...

Now will they charge me  for 2 separate repairs ?? Or will it just be £25 / 30 all in as I have read on line that is average price  for delkim repairs 

Thanks on advance 

Two repairs I expect and that's just the start of it buddy. If you've been using them for years you'll also now need to send the receiver in for a software update (another 20 odd quid).

The same beeping problem happened to one of mine then the other 2 did the same within a season and a half. After repairing the last one they hit me with the software update so I got rid after that.

TXI +'s perform excellently but reliability is terrible. You're better off selling them and getting a set of the original TXI's imo, they were bomb proof.

Your mistake was the hard cases. Ask any delkim user that has issues post rain and they’ll tell you they put the hard cases on. Cannot see the point in making a case from a material which doesn’t absorb and liquid and causes condensation. 

My old txi alarms have the soft pouches. They will absorb any residues and dry the alarms out whilst in transit or if I forget. 

The only issue with the older models is now the parts aren’t available for them. My rx2004 has been condemned by delkim AND dalectronics! Time to be a noddy and have them turnt up real loud whilst I sleep, until I find a replacement that is!

19 hours ago, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy said:

Yeah ok another post about delkims ....

Have been using mine for years and have never so much as skipped a beat when it has been raining ..although I have heard all the horror storys..was fishing Sunday in a near on monsoon ...now I wiped down my alarms as usual  put on the hard cases and put in my holdall as I do  at the end of every session ..now in past when it has been raining I have always dried them in the airing cupboard once home ..but this one time I forgot to and left in my bag  .any how I came to use them again yesterday and when I switched them on one of them was constantly beeping and the latch  light was on constantly ..now i dried it out  on the bank and by end of the session it was working fine again ....

Now it has happend once I am going to send to delkim to get it re proofed..as I want to minimise the risk of it happening again 

Also need the battery connector replacing as it had corroded and I had to snip the old one  off at the wires and re place with one I bought on line but only way to do this was to twist the wires together and tape it so I want that doing while they have it ...

Now will they charge me  for 2 separate repairs ?? Or will it just be £25 / 30 all in as I have read on line that is average price  for delkim repairs 

Thanks on advance 

I don't use protective hard cases, I use the original material soft cases, they don't store the damp like the hard cases do. I think a lot of Delkim users who do hard case their alarms may find their alarms go faulty. Customer demand and failure of care causing a fault rather than equipment failure as such.

Best bet is to send them to Delkim, only they know what the cost of repair will be with the added battery connector issue. The prolonged damp may have caused electronics component failures.

I didn't use any cases at all in an attempt to prevent water ingress from lasting (I'd heard all the horror stories). I took them out of my kit and dried them after every session, stored indoors. Still happened.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Customer demand and failure of care causing a fault rather than equipment failure as such.

Imho opinion that is not the case Nick. Sure there are thousands of anglers that have had no problems, but it's no secret that newer models can go wrong in the rain. It's a fact. Problem is, when you try to warn people you're labelled as a Delkim hater lol. The guys on here know I won't have a dig at anything unless it's proven (to me) to be poor. I loved the Delkims performance, I'd still be using them if it wasn't for reliability issues, but the fact is that some of them go wrong in the rain.

When (if?) they bring our a replacement I have no doubt that these issues will be addressed (they continue to deny they exist even though they're repairing them every single day). When that happens I'll seriously consider going back to Delks. Until then, not a chance.

8 hours ago, yonny said:

I didn't use any cases at all in an attempt to prevent water ingress from lasting (I'd heard all the horror stories). I took them out of my kit and dried them after every session, stored indoors. Still happened.

Imho opinion that is not the case Nick. Sure there are thousands of anglers that have had no problems, but it's no secret that newer models can go wrong in the rain. It's a fact. Problem is, when you try to warn people you're labelled as a Delkim hater lol. The guys on here know I won't have a dig at anything unless it's proven (to me) to be poor. I loved the Delkims performance, I'd still be using them if it wasn't for reliability issues, but the fact is that some of them go wrong in the rain.

When (if?) they bring our a replacement I have no doubt that these issues will be addressed (they continue to deny they exist even though they're repairing them every single day). When that happens I'll seriously consider going back to Delks. Until then, not a chance.

Thing is Mate, I have seen the issues with Fox alarms, from back on the release of the first Microns in the 1990's, the numbers that were returned to me in the tackle shops, or the angler asking for the Fox customer service phone number. 

Yet my Delkims have never caused me a problem, and I do fish in rain. As you say, maybe it is the newer models, I don't know as mine are the original St's.

The only repairs mine have had is down to my own fault of leaving batteries in and corroding the battery terminal etc. I sent them back to Delkim, and had them repaired within a week.

12 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

mine are the original St's.

I've never heard of anyone suffering any issues whatsoever with the older models bud. They were, and continue to be, 100% bombproof.

12 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I have seen the issues with Fox alarms, from back on the release of the first Microns in the 1990's

That surprises me as I've never heard anyone mention any problems with Microns (where as if you ask 3 or 4 owners of newer Delks you'll find someone that's suffered). I still have a set of the original Microns, in fact I used to carry one around with me as a spare for when my Delks went wrong. Twenty years old, changed the battery once in that time, never let me down. It's what convinced me to go back to Fox which turned out, for me, to be an excellent move.

On 30/08/2018 at 17:17, salokcinnodrog said:

Thing is Mate, I have seen the issues with Fox alarms, from back on the release of the first Microns in the 1990's, the numbers that were returned to me in the tackle shops, or the angler asking for the Fox customer service phone number. 

Yet my Delkims have never caused me a problem, and I do fish in rain. As you say, maybe it is the newer models, I don't know as mine are the original St's.

The only repairs mine have had is down to my own fault of leaving batteries in and corroding the battery terminal etc. I sent them back to Delkim, and had them repaired within a week.

How much did they charge to replace the battery terminal mate 

On 3 September 2018 at 10:35, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy said:

How much did they charge to replace the battery terminal mate 

I honestly can't remember, think the repair and p&p was no more than £20 though.

It was over 5years ago😖😉