Nash Fang Gyro

crusian

Has anyone used these please ? .

A couple of times I've  tested out my pop up in my ice cream tub to see how it sits and the hook appeared to have " collapsed " rather than sitting up " cocked " as it were .

As the margins in my lake are no longer Winter clear I can't have a stab at recreating  how my rig would enter the water , as when I'm testing my rig in my ice cream tub I'm just lowering the rig down .

I would hate to think that there is a chance that the hook is jamming ( ? ) in the hook ring swivel while I'm sitting there thinking my pop up is beautifully poised to snare a passing carp .

😀  

3 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

Show us a picture to see your problem. 

If I can recreate the problem I will indeed take a 'photo , but it's probably going to be like that mysterious noise you get with your car that disappears as soon as you get to the garage ! .

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Is it not just that your pop ups ain't buoyant enough @crusian?

When I plonk my rig into my ice cream tub with a bit of force that seems to sort the problem out , which makes me want to believe that when cast out the rig would hit the water and settle  on the lake bed sitting up nicely . 

1 hour ago, nigewoodcock said:

Aah , I did wander if I should add some shrink tube to cover where the hook eye joins the swivel eye .

Thank very much fellas .

😀

15 minutes ago, cyborx said:

then it obviously does not need shrink tube :wink:

I'm guessing ( because I haven't caught on this Rig yet 😢) , that because the hook isn't a longshank that the landing net mess isn't going to get caught in the hook eye gap ? ; but I will try some shrink tube just in case , and also I'm thinking that the hook is more likely to sit up with drink tube .

🙂

38 minutes ago, crusian said:

I'm guessing ( because I haven't caught on this Rig yet 😢) , that because the hook isn't a longshank that the landing net mess isn't going to get caught in the hook eye gap ? ; but I will try some shrink tube just in case , and also I'm thinking that the hook is more likely to sit up with drink tube .

🙂

sorry bud, just call me skeptical but it seems to me to be a way of just capitalizing on the Ronnie rig.

On 22/06/2018 at 17:01, framey said:

HOW MUCH !!!!

Yes you're right Framey .

The thing is I thought the Gyro Hook would mean I could dispense with the Quick Change Uni-Link and the Shrink Tube ( I hadn't seen the video clip until Nige kindly posted the link - there was no mention of Shrink Tube on the blurb for the hook ) .

But when I received the packet of Gyros in the post you only get 5 hooks per packet , therefore 10 hooks is going to cost you £15.98 compared to say £3.90 for 10 x  ESP Cryogen Hooks plus £4.29 for 10x Quick Change Uni- Link .

So I'll give the Gyros a miss , but I may try the Tungsten Swivel Beads in large to tidy things up / stop me fiddling around with Putty - assuming the Beads come in to stock .

😊