• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 13:36, Ginger9991 said:

looking to bite the built and buy a proper camera so looking for suggestions. Something that will automatically take the photos and have a front facing screen would be great... Budget.... £500 max but if i can go cheaper i will because im tight!

Maybe a pm to Nige will give you all the information you need , Ginger .

🙂

Was going to suggest a second hand buy too, CEX have some real good quality cameras in most of their shops, plus they check them out well and you get a six month guarantee, or there is the cash converter type shops, but you have to be careful when buying from them, some of the electrical stuff can be a bit shoddy and you only get a three month grantee. 

On 02/06/2018 at 19:52, nigewoodcock said:

Look for a second hand canon 70d  

Thanks Nige i will have a look, I have been reading it doesnt have a timer for continuos photo bursts, Is this correct? or is there something you can buy so it takes a photo every x seconds...knowing what im like getting a fish to stay still it would be real useful! also regarding lighting at night, Are you using anything?

5 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Thanks Nige i will have a look, I have been reading it doesnt have a timer for continuos photo bursts, Is this correct? or is there something you can buy so it takes a photo every x seconds...knowing what im like getting a fish to stay still it would be real useful! also regarding lighting at night, Are you using anything?

Read Yonnys advice! Essential part of my kit! 

Tripods are 1000’s times better than a bank stick.

I use up to 3 external flashes but only for really special fish. I am generally happy with one external mounted on the camera. The in built will also be ok