Lake help

Driving around locally and have spotted a lake off long lane, Nr pershore. 

I have had a look on google earth and no how to get to them. Does anyone know anything about them. 

I don't want to just mooch up there and get caught and ruin any chances of getting fishing permission. 

Any my help welcome. 

1 hour ago, Salfordcarl said:

Driving around locally and have spotted a lake off long lane, Nr pershore. 

I have had a look on google earth and no how to get to them. Does anyone know anything about them. 

I don't want to just mooch up there and get caught and ruin any chances of getting fishing permission. 

Any my help welcome. 

apparently all the land in the quadrant between the airport,  throckmoreton road and the landfill site belongs to wychavon district council and is a landfill site operated by severn waste services.

a little look tells me that the lakes are part of a land reclamation scheme to provide wetland reserves for wildlife (this has been on the cards for a few years now) so armed with that bit of info i would approach the site manager with a bottle of Glenfiddich in me back pocket but be prepared to get run off.

keep me updated :lol:

Edited by cyborx
to take the 'P' :wink:

3 hours ago, spr1985 said:

I’d take a mooch up and see if there is any info on the entrance/gate as a first port of call, providing you’re not trespassing to do so I can’t see any harm in it 

There's lots of signs "authorised vechicals only" etc and it's kind of round the back of a landfill site.  

I'm not sure there's any fish in there but it looks the part, island beaches etc. 

The he only thing for it is to pop in like you say. 

I'm looking for something like this. I'm quite new to carping, but can't stand busy day waters. Without slashing the cash on a syndicate I'm a bit lost for a good venue. 

Im considering joining the baa and starting a baiting campaign in a couple of spots on the river but not really sure this is a good idea. 

Permission on a private lake, I'm sure is everyone's dream and might be too hard for a newbie like me to get. 

48 minutes ago, Salfordcarl said:

I'm not sure there's any fish in there but it looks the part, island beaches etc. 

I'm looking for something like this. I'm quite new to carping, but can't stand busy day waters. Without slashing the cash on a syndicate I'm a bit lost for a good venue. 

Im considering joining the baa and starting a baiting campaign in a couple of spots on the river but not really sure this is a good idea. 

Permission on a private lake, I'm sure is everyone's dream and might be too hard for a newbie like me to get. 

The worst they can say is No.

1 hour ago, Salfordcarl said:

coming down from Throckmorton to the 'T' junction turn right and go up to the island, 2nd exit then next island 3rd exit and that takes you up to the landfill site offices to your left :wink:

best of luck bud.

there are fish in there as they would have taken EA guidelines on environment and water quality but not sure of type or quantity

Edited by cyborx
cos im good at it lol