I'm not going to buy any, honest......

29 minutes ago, jh92 said:

That's what I thought mate, but I've come across this pic here

mustad-1.jpg

I do like the look of them lol

Still look a bit heavy to me mate.

I've made a few rigs up over the week-end and my ABS pop ups only just pull a size 4 continental up off the bottom, and that's using a lightweight Gardner pop up hook aligner.

And once that weld/solder gives up the ghost, you're left with a very expensive "normal" hook!

There was a similar hook out years back, pre knotless knot. Not sure who made it, but it was called a hair rig hook and there was more like a small ring soldered onto the shank. It may well have been Mustard who made it. But the knotless knot made the hook redundant....... Those pictured will be useful for anyone who can't tie a "D" rig. Wouldn't mind seeing the metal work starting further away from the eye, the extra weight at the business end might help the hook point drop into place more effectively imo....... Someone will find these useful, but hooks are rarely used multiple times, so, for me, they are a bit pricey.

I think that they're a solution to a problem that doesn't exist: to qualify this a bit (my logic) - if your hands can tie your hook bait to the ring, you should be able to form a d-rig either by whipping or blobbing. Doesn't mean that they won't be useful to someone though. Just my take on it.

15 hours ago, ianain said:

I think that they're a solution to a problem that doesn't exist: to qualify this a bit (my logic) - if your hands can tie your hook bait to the ring, you should be able to form a d-rig either by whipping or blobbing. Doesn't mean that they won't be useful to someone though. Just my take on it.

This is what I use, and to my eyes, you can't beat 'em......

th (5).jpg