Shimano velocity vs TX2

What you have to bare in mind is they are both cheap rods probably cost around 5£ to make & ship into the country ! So does the 50£ deal look so good now ? 

I see you mentioned the ctx range on the other thread .... much better to think down that road at least you know the rods have had some proper testing in there design & by all accounts a lot of rod for the money .

Errrr............happy Velocity user here.

I have 3 of the "original" velocities, 11' 2.75 tc versions (I don't like 12 footers). Lovely rods for the price, I have no complaints whatsoever. 

I think the TX2's are just an upgrade on the graphics. 

They are a bit heavier that my other rods, but bearing in mind these are Chub Outkast "Smallwaters" with a TC of only 2.25 and that is to be expected. 

My only other experience of 11 2.75 rods was with a trio of FreeSpirit TS's. These were fantastic rods, and I regret ever selling them. Yes, they were lighter and were undoubtedly better blanks, but bearing in mind they would set you back about £300 a pop, that is only to be expected.

For a budget rod the Velocities are terrific value for money. After a year of use, I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone. 

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Errrr............happy Velocity user here.

I have 3 of the "original" velocities, 11' 2.75 tc versions (I don't like 12 footers). Lovely rods for the price, I have no complaints whatsoever. 

I think the TX2's are just an upgrade on the graphics. 

They are a bit heavier that my other rods, but bearing in mind these are Chub Outkast "Smallwaters" with a TC of only 2.25 and that is to be expected. 

My only other experience of 11 2.75 rods was with a trio of FreeSpirit TS's. These were fantastic rods, and I regret ever selling them. Yes, they were lighter and were undoubtedly better blanks, but bearing in mind they would set you back about £300 a pop, that is only to be expected.

For a budget rod the Velocities are terrific value for money. After a year of use, I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone. 

I use them too, 12ft 3lb.

I love using them and the quality seems spot on, the finish on the blank has a bit of funny feel to it, like its ribbed but it doesn't really bother me :)

23 hours ago, carpmachine said:

As above, cheap shimano rods in my experience are rubbish, buy tried and tested if going for a cheapy and bear in mind that a more expensive rod may prove cheap over the years, all that glitters aint gold.

I beg to differ , i have the Velocities and use them both for Carp and Catfish , they handle Cats a dream , which compared to catching Carp is like catching Bream , i cannot fault them , cast very well  to.

I can only echo the previous 4 posts, I also own a set of velocity 12ft 3lb’s and although they have been relegated to the tackle shed that is purely a convenience thing....they are not suited to the waters I’m fishing at the moment. I wouldn’t think twice about getting them back out if the water called for them. I loved using them......just too big for the tight swims/lakes I have been frequenting